The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Highland Sports Coupe project... - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Highland Sports Coupe project... (/showthread.php?tid=4964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Ruairidh Dunford - 23-03-2022

All of the woodwork in this car was designed and built by Peter Naulls - I am sure he will be able to comment on your question.

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Duncan Grimmond - 23-03-2022

I've been looking through the pics again and am still very impressed. Have I missed something or are the window frames in the doors to be glazed?
I've been looking for a sliding window track in the open frame... or even winders?

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Ruairidh Dunford - 23-03-2022

The side windows will slide open, like the rear part of an RK.

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Peter Naulls - 23-03-2022

Jamie, the ply is birch-faced ply, laminated for the shape of the arches. It is very thoroughly painted and the rear wings will cover the whole of the wheelarch void (like a Chummy) so there shouldn't be any moisture in there.

Duncan, the window runners are as Ruairidh says, double channel section for the two panes. Underneath is a steel gutter and drain tube.

Here's the drinks cabinet!

... and to answer Tony's question, the complete body shell with doors and boot lid weighs 63kg. Three times as much as a Gordon England Cup but a lot less than a Ruby!

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Tony Betts - 23-03-2022

hi R,
love the idea, of a drinks cabinet. but i think you need a larger flask. and smaller glasses.

there is far to much room for ice.

loving the build though.

tony.

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Jamie - 24-03-2022

(23-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Jamie, the ply is birch-faced ply, laminated for the shape of the arches. It is very thoroughly painted and the rear wings will cover the whole of the wheelarch void (like a Chummy) so there shouldn't be any moisture in there.

Thank you, Peter. Your design is pretty much what I have been trying to draft as a body shape for my Ruby chassis. My problem is that I just cannot seem to get the proportions right. Still, i shall persevere.

Regards,

Jamie

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Peter Naulls - 24-03-2022

Jamie,

If you want to send me what you have so far I'll happily look over it and see if I can make any suggestions. The other approach I find useful is to put it on one side for a few weeks, then when you go back to it the proportions often look different.

Peter.

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Jamie - 25-03-2022

(24-03-2022, 10:07 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Jamie,

If you want to send me what you have so far I'll happily look over it and see if I can make any suggestions. The other approach I find useful is to put it on one side for a few weeks, then when you go back to it the proportions often look different.

Peter.

Thank you, Peter. That is much appreciated.

I shall dig my sketches out of the drawer and send you a copy.

Kind regards,

James.

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - Monsdonnet - 06-04-2022

Amongst the drawings done by the late David Jones in the early 1960s I have come across this one. It seems familiar !

RE: Highland Sports Coupe project... - JonE - 06-04-2022

familiar as in nothing like the Naulls design?! It looks more like a Swallow crossed with a Cup and mightily difficult to get in to. Would be wonderful if that design got to something though. Are there other cars he made physical?