The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=4606)

Pages: 1 2

Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Mike Costigan - 01-07-2020

The Heavy Press Department at Longbridge in 1936.

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Renaud - 01-07-2020

How impressive! (excuse the pun...)

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Hugh Barnes - 01-07-2020

All very 'Chaplinesque' - Moderrn Times....

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Parazine - 01-07-2020

No apparent PPE requirements: no gloves, safety glasses or ear defenders.

'Elf 'n Safety would have a field day today!

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Mike Costigan - 01-07-2020

Probably no guards on the machines either.

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Ivor Hawkins - 01-07-2020

Austin ten Sherborne rear panels being bashed out by the looks of it...brilliant picture!

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Bob Culver - 01-07-2020

Those old machinery shots are always interesting as can see how all works.  I would have been tvery worried about some major mechanical failure up above. The old machine shops with forest of token or unguared belts also impressive.

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Tony Griffiths - 01-07-2020

These presses remind me of a story. When changing dies, a British factory could take up to twelve hours to accomplish the job with only certain "union" men being allowed to perform the task. Meanwhile, in Toyota land, 90 minutes was the usual figure - with, in recent years, investment in automated die-changing systems taking the time to under two minutes

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Dave Wortley - 01-07-2020

I was an apprentice at 16 in the early 60s and spent time in a steelworks.  No ppe except steel toecaps in my boots. Not even a hard hat!

RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - July 2020 - Charles P - 02-07-2020

There used to be a pub in Sheffield's Don valley, hemmed in by steel works on all sides. You could watch your pint vibrate from the action of the forges nearby.
Probably long since closed and replaced by a Starbucks......

C