The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Whose are those cars please? - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Whose are those cars please? (/showthread.php?tid=4406)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Robert Leigh - 28-05-2020

Renaud
You refer to your Sandford as the car on the left; on the left of what? The only pictures in this thread are Austin 7s. It would be nice to see a picture of your Sandford. May I say in a friendly way that it is time the radiator was fixed. You planned to bring it to Montlhery 3 years ago!

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Renaud - 28-05-2020

Hi Robert,
You are right but life is so that one doesn't do always what one planned. Especially for fancy pleasures like ours.
The car on the left is my avatar. I didn't want to pollute this place with non A7 pics!
Now if you want it absolutely: Wink 

[Image: img_0513.jpg]

[Image: img_0515.jpg]

Thanks for asking anyway!

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Robert Leigh - 30-05-2020

Thank you Renaud. Having seen the pictures I think it definitely should be at Montlhery next year, assuming life is getting back to normal by then. Might it be possible to hide a modern radiator inside that shell probably with some stainless steel mesh in front, as a quick easy way of getting over the problem. That is how my Ulsteroid is (don't tell anyone!)

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Renaud - 30-05-2020

(27-05-2020, 05:11 PM)Barry Wrote: Renaud, How is that Sandford coming on? Look for you at GPR P N-D maybe? (next year, of course). Can send more pictures of BXA if you like. The car was supposed to look like an MG J2 - or so the man who designed it said
Thanks Barry. Yes if you could send me photos indeed that would be nice. One lateral to have the length/height proportions? Maybe you would have some dimensions too?

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Barry - 30-05-2020

Renaud,
Will email you photos. I don't have the car anymore so have not the exact dimensions but the 1934 chassis was uncut so wheelbase and width as standard. The car had a lowered Pigsty chassis, which proved to have been something of a mistake in terms of ride and clearance.

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Renaud - 30-05-2020

Thanks Barry. I would be interested to know more about that lowered Pigsty chassis mistake but I suppose it's a long story!
Cheers, photos welcome anyway.

RE: Whose are those cars please? - Barry - 30-05-2020

Renaud,
Will contact you if I can find your private email. Photo taken at Fougeres with folding screen, later changed back to aero screens. Wheels are 17" so you can gauge the height. Early photo before I changed the plywood valances for aluminium with louvres.