The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon (/showthread.php?tid=3779)

Pages: 1 2

Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Laqueugne - 17-01-2020

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I seek your advice.
With great reluctance I have decided to dispose of my beloved A7, Lolita, which I have owned since 1964.  She is in roadworthy condition, was out on the roads this summer (2019) but definitely in need of TLC.  She has provided me, my sons and grandchildren with many golden moments but my physical condition is such that I can no longer drive her in comfort.  For perfectly valid reasons, my sons are not in a position to take over ownership.
She is garaged here in central France and at a very rough estimate, it will cost me £1,000 in van hire fees and ferry tickets to get her back to UK.  I have a great number of spares, tools and publications which would be included in any sale.
Ideally I would like to sell her to someone with a family who would have as much fun in her as my family has done.  Sale price can be almost infinitely flexible provided I do not lose out overall. 
Having lived in France for some 18 years, I am totally out of touch with the A7 market - if one still exists.
I would be most grateful for any advice on this matter.
With thanks,
Anthony Gaynor

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Chris KC - 17-01-2020

I'm very sorry to hear you are forced to part with her Anthony. But perhaps better to pass her on to someone who can continue enjoying her rather than let her deteriorate. May I suggest you post a couple of photos? Then I think members will be better able to advise about potential value etc.

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - JonE - 17-01-2020

There are a few active and helpful French members on here now, so a perfect opportunity to seek placing her closer to you perhaps - with their help in finding someone interested, and avoiding all the repatriation?

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Laqueugne - 17-01-2020

Thank you Chris.  I will post some photos within the next couple of days.  I do not want Lolita to rust away - she has given so much pleasure to so many people.
Kind regards.
Anthony

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Renaud - 18-01-2020

Hello Anthony,
I will post your photos on the Tricyclecariste forum here in France. Some fellows could be interested. Tell me in which département you are please.
Renaud (in Brittany)

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - TonyHodson - 18-01-2020

Hello Anthony
Also happy to help if possible. There are some clubs around me with members who could be interested
Tony (Charente 16)

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Laqueugne - 18-01-2020

Gentlemen,
Many thanks for your offers of help.  I live in 18360, Commune d'Epineuil Le Fleuriel, some 12 Km from Exit 9 on Autoroute A71.
I have selected three photos which I hope you will find informative.  I am having one h*** of a job attaching them, but will have several more goes before thinking of a plan B.
Renewed thanks,
Anthony Gaynor

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Reckless Rat - 18-01-2020

I'm far to far away from you to be any real help but you will probably get more for the car selling it here in France than in the UK providing it has French registration and the correct documentation.

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Ruairidh Dunford - 18-01-2020

(18-01-2020, 03:46 PM)Laqueugne Wrote: I live in 18360, Commune d'Epineuil Le Fleuriel.

That surely must be the geographic centre of France?

RE: Disposal of 1932 LWB Box Saloon - Ruairidh Dunford - 18-01-2020

Here are Anthony's photos...