The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Trial post of photos - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Trial post of photos (/showthread.php?tid=228)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Image test - Timothy P - 12-08-2017

Hello Geoff, I have copied this from one of my earlier posts.

"Maybe an addition that max file size is 4MB, and that some Ipad users may struggle to add multiple photos to a single post, as many of the file names created on the ipad are the same."

In essence the Ipad names most all pictures the same, from what I have read it even turns files from elsewhere into this format. I have no idea how it does this but it has been suggested that it uses the 'exif' date to call them up. Almost everything else will not accept 2 files with the same name in the same folder, the forum being no exeption. So when you try to upload a second image into the same post the forum cannot save the second file with the same name as it has a file with that name already.

I have looked into it as best I can (I don't have an Ipad myself), but it appears that there maybe apps available to rename files, but some seem to say this interferes with how the photos appear in the 'photos' app or 'camera roll'.

I believe it should allow you to add a different photo to each post regardless of the name. So adding one photo then a new post for the next and so on 'should' work. So long as someone doesn't post in between, it should merge the posts (with a line in between).

Trying to replicate the conditions with 2 files of same name. First I'll complete the post with the one.

Now clicked 'new reply again and add the second. Fingers Crossed.

By Jove I think we've got it.

Success, note that as no one has posted between it has merged my posts, with the line in between dividing the separate replies.

RE: Image test - Roger - 12-08-2017

Timothy,

The three photos On my post were saved on my iPad from my pc all named differently, as JPEGs.
They were inserted ok the iPad did not alter them.
It may be best to import photos from a pc, but then you may as well do it directly from the pc in the first place. The problem must be from photos taken directly on the iPad.

Roger

RE: Image test - Timothy P - 12-08-2017

Thank you Roger. So if images are transferred to the Ipad from elsewhere, or downloaded, and they have different file names on the way in, it should be possible to post a number of them in the same post without trouble. If taken with the camera on the Ipad then they may exhibit the file name issues. This may all be model and update dependant, but I didn't find any concrete evidence one way or another. Probably best for Ipad users to give it a go, if it doesn't allow the second photo to upload in the one post as per my original instructions (page 6, post #54), then the one per post method (page 8, post #71) is the best option, that is if you prefer to post from the Ipad rather than a computer.

RE: Image test - Tony Saward - 13-08-2017

Thought I'd also be brave and try posting some photos of my recently nearly completed GE Cup lookalike.

The starting point

Body fabrication

Body covered

.jpg   IMG_1115.JPG (Size: 144.88 KB / Downloads: 374)

Nearly finished

.jpg   IMG_1182.JPG (Size: 152.88 KB / Downloads: 374)

First short drive

RE: Image test - Geoff Halstead - 13-08-2017

Thanks Timothy.
Something I didn't know.
The photos where taken using my iPhone then xferred to the iPad for Photogene use.
I haven't used my desktop/laptop for Internet useage for years now, other than the occasional bit of searching.
Will give your suggestion a try.

Geoff - Foot repairing itself slowly after being attacked by the vice handle.

RE: Image test - Albert S - 13-08-2017

Image test .. old iPad 2

... success Big Grin
Thanks to all concerned, first rate job ?

RE: Image test - longchap - 14-08-2017

I better try it here first, so fingers crossed!

.jpg   BRDSCF0450, 700pix.jpg (Size: 160.34 KB / Downloads: 287)

.jpg   BRDSCF0462, 700pix.jpg (Size: 179.53 KB / Downloads: 289)

Bill

Well that was straightforward and congrats to the web team for giving us an in house photo hosting facility.

Onwards and upwards,

Bill

RE: Image test - Derek Sheldon - 19-08-2017

I don't know if this has been covered / resolved but it would appear that when using both the iPad and the iPhone , if the picture is taken in portrait mode, it rotates on the forum to landscape. Most of the pictures shown on this thread have been taken landscape and are correct with the exception of just a few which may have been load via a laptop.
Is it possible to add an option when loading to set the rotation or is the answer to only take pictures in landscape?.
This one was taken portrait.

This one taken landscape

RE: Image test - Timothy P - 19-08-2017

(19-08-2017, 06:47 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I don't know if this has been covered / resolved but it would appear that when using both the iPad and the iPhone , if the picture is taken in portrait mode, it rotates on the forum to landscape. Most of the pictures shown on this thread have been taken landscape and are correct with the exception of just a few which may have been load via a laptop.
Is it possible to add an option when loading to set the rotation or is the answer to only take pictures in landscape?.

I posted a bit about why the forum does this, and found some possible solutions. (Post #47)
I will speak to 'Management' in the week, and see if we can trial the 'plugin' to see if it will solve it.

Quote:Ruairidh, just a note on your rotated portrait pictures that have rotated google 'exif orientation' and you should discover the menace that is causing the woes. Put simply many digital cameras will add data to JPEG files to tell devices the orientation in which to display them. Unfortunately it seems to do more harm than good. I found if I opened the file in paint and clicked 'save as', to created a new file (this fresh file has no exif data), then the photo will post in the orientation I have chosen. Unfortunately I have no idea how this could be achieved uploading direct from an Iphone as I am not familiar with them. 

A couple of results from googling MyBB Picture/attachment rotation.
This website is a MyBB support forum and the OP is asking for an integrated solution. As I am not familiar with the backroom workings I have no idea if this will be of any help.
Link

There is another which claims to be a plugin to solve the problem, which can be added to the forum. Again though I am not familiar with the workings and cannot verify the validity or security/safety of this solution.
Link

RE: Image test - DaveT - 24-08-2017

Old AA box just before Grasmere in Cumbria