The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Trial post of photos - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Trial post of photos (/showthread.php?tid=228)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Image test - Peter Clayton - 10-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 10:04 PM)Gordon Puzey Wrote: Peter is that Ian and your younger self in the special? 

Gordon

Not me Gordon , but a family friend ,I was into motorcycles at the time. The special ,a Cambridge if I recall correctly was bought from the village garage in Farnham Common. Year was circa 1963 .

RE: Image test - Ruairidh Dunford - 10-08-2017

I published an article by that Ian wrote about his cars (including that photo Peter)and the Irish Clib in the Association Magazine about 12 years ago - I am near my copies at the moment but somebody may be able to look up which one.

RE: Image test - Mike Costigan - 10-08-2017

Testing, testing ...

[Image: 1923_Austin_Seven_OK_6047.jpg]

Hmmm ... got there, but I'm not quite sure how!

RE: Image test - Timothy P - 10-08-2017

Mike, you don't need to use post image anymore.

Instructions copied from my post in the multiple photos  thread
Once you have got to the reply screen below the typing box there is a blue header that says attachments. 
1: Next to where it says new attachment click 'choose file' then select the picture you want and click open.  It will put the file name next to the choose file button
2: Now click the 'Add Attachment' button to the right hand side of the attachment box. It will take a moment to upload, once done the page will refresh and it will appear in the attachments box below the choose file button. There will also be 2 new buttons parallel 'remove' and 'Insert into post'.
3: Click 'insert into post' (Again on the right hand side of the attachments box next to the file name in question). This will insert square brackets with attachment=number in your reply box. (NOTE: this is important as it puts the picture in with the text rather than in a separate 'attachments' box", as evidenced by many of the posts in the other thread)
This [attachment=number] image code will appear where you have the cursor at the time. Once you have the [attachment=number] you can copy and paste it anywhere in the post to make sure it appears where you want it, so do not worry if it is not in the right place first off.
4: Make sure the code is on a separate line to your typing or you will get a stray bit of text next to the picture making the text difficult to follow. Putting a clear line in between as below makes it quite clean.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=56]    

Now for the second image, simply repeat steps 1 and 2. You will note that there is now another file added to the attachment box below the first. Now repeat steps 3 & 4 ensuring you click the button parallel to the second file. You now have an [attachment=number+1] in your reply box

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=57]    

Repeat for further images.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=58]    

Click preview post to check, then if all is well, post.

Hope that is helpful, but just in case, good luck.

RE: Image test - Mike Costigan - 10-08-2017

.jpg   1926 Austin 7 ON 9354.jpg (Size: 188.98 KB / Downloads: 194)

Ooooh, yes! Brilliant, thanks Timothy  Smile

What a lovely picture!

Can we use your instructions in a sticky post please Timothy? If there is anything else we should add please suggest away.

RE: Image test - Timothy P - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 10:35 PM)Ruairidh Wrote: What a lovely picture!

Can we use your instructions in a sticky post please Timothy? If there is anything else we should add please suggest away.

Yes feel free Ruairidh, pleased that I have been of some assistance. Maybe an addition that max file size is 4MB, and that some Ipad users may struggle to add multiple photos to a single post, as many of the file names created on the ipad are the same. Equally if there are any changes or additions that you can think of, I wouldn't mind in the least.

Very helpful - thank you very much.

RE: Image test - Dave Wortley - 11-08-2017

Trying Timothy P's instructions.

RE: Image test - David.H - 11-08-2017

We are getting some great pictures now the site allows us to do it so easily! What a result!