The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
What have you been up to today - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What have you been up to today (/showthread.php?tid=122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What have you been up to today - David Stepney - 06-03-2022

Taking the two quotes together, it appears that Pearls are more valuable than Rubies.

RE: What have you been up to today - merlinart - 06-03-2022

Moses came down the mountain in his Triumph, and the Virgin Mary had a Fiat!

RE: What have you been up to today - jpsmit - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 02:28 PM)merlinart Wrote: Moses came down the mountain in his Triumph, and the Virgin Mary had a Fiat!

I repeat - groan!  Big Grin

RE: What have you been up to today - Nick Lettington - 07-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 03:04 PM)jpsmit Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 02:55 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 02:14 PM)dickie65 Wrote: I do hope that is not the Crematorium Chapel.

Ha! Thankfully not (and I disconnected the battery)! A friend asked if he could borrow it to illustrate his sermon tomorrow... I'm intrigued to find out what parallels he will draw!

Intrigued also - please report back. especially, since, racking my brain, I can't think of a single Austin in the bible. (though 7 is a holy number!)

All I can come up with car wise is Joshua's Triumph and the disciples being all in one Accord. (I'll get my coat)  Big Grin

Well... ironically it was based on the idea of a spiritual MOT, Psalm 139 v23-24... but the ORT doesn't need a test..!

I could elaborate, but suspect that might be in violation of an unwritten rule of the forum!

As a parting shot, I would like to suggest Matthew 23... the chapter is entitled "Seven Woes" which sums up my afternoon pretty well. My ignition switch looks like it is coming apart, so I tried to carefully check the little nut on the back of the lock barrel by releasing the panel... to cut a long story short, I forgot to reconnect the oil pressure gauge... on the plus side, my choke cable benefitted from being oiled, not so much the floor covering though!

RE: What have you been up to today - jpsmit - 07-03-2022

Interesting concept - to be clear though did you baptize the chapel floor?

(07-03-2022, 03:45 AM)jpsmit Wrote: Interesting concept - to be clear though did you baptize the chapel floor?

No... I drove home first. No anointing with oil in church yesterday.

RE: What have you been up to today - jpsmit - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 09:19 AM)Nick Lettington Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 03:45 AM)jpsmit Wrote: Interesting concept - to be clear though did you baptize the chapel floor?

No... I drove home first. No anointing with oil in church yesterday.

Phew... A church we were at in the '90s had, as part of its history, a time when they did a 'living nativity' which included a live donkey. Apparently the donkey did what donkey's do at the front of the church.  Big Grin

RE: What have you been up to today - Steve Jones - 07-03-2022

If you know where to look, at the front entrance to Wakefield Cathedral you can still see evidence of a small oil stain deposited on the ancient york stone paving (that's specifically Grade 1 listed) by the RP Saloon I had years ago.

Steve Blush

It may look like a tea cup but it's actually a chamber pot... I didn't trust a £3.99 woven tarpaulin!

.jpg   Screenshot_20220307-145945_Gallery.jpg (Size: 188.66 KB / Downloads: 235)

RE: What have you been up to today - jpsmit - 08-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 04:02 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: It may look like a tea cup but it's actually a chamber pot... I didn't trust a £3.99 woven tarpaulin!

which is good because I was afraid you didn't have a pot to p*...........  umm nevermind