The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Only for those with deep pockets - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Only for those with deep pockets (/showthread.php?tid=4221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - Tony Griffiths - 21-04-2020

(21-04-2020, 04:36 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: That photo has put a couple of thousand on it, £19k now.
..though it might just be the registration number in the competition, and possibly the left-hand sprongle bracket. One never knows....

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - spannerman - 21-04-2020

Wings not to hard to do the big problem you would need two of you simply
Because of length !

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - Ian Dunford - 21-04-2020

If anyone can make a better job of building a copy of this superb car for less money,then get on with it show and us the result.

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - Ruairidh Dunford - 21-04-2020

Tumbleweed enters stage left...

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - spannerman - 21-04-2020

Not knocking the car just simply to shiny to use ? Its a show car , I like to use mine
Not park it up for people to look at in a field full of other cars sorry its just not me !

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - Ian Williams - 21-04-2020

Watch this space!

I know that you (and I think Marcus too) are building one Ian and I am sure that it will be spot on.

Not a loaded question - are you in position, on the back of your special build, to estimate how many hours you think it will take to complete it please?

(21-04-2020, 07:23 PM)spannerman Wrote: Not knocking the car just simply to shiny to use ? Its a show car , I like to use mine
Not park it up for people to look at in a field full of other cars sorry its just not me !

The current owner does both Spannerman - he enjoys showing it but is not afraid to drive it properly, he does not spare the horses.

I would love to drive it but I am totally unable to get my 6' 3" into it, even with the entire seat and parts of the floor removed. I have been it several times when I was much younger as a passenger - one memorable time flat out in a hail storm - they really hurt your nose at 70mph!

RE: Only for those with deep pockets - Zetomagneto - 21-04-2020

Does anyone Brian Pickup from Rochdale, I’m pretty sure he built one of these 20 plus years ago

JonE is currently selling a copy of the book it is on, for £10 on FB.

.png   Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 21.33.40.png (Size: 545.69 KB / Downloads: 242)