The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Early Box Saloon Identity - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Early Box Saloon Identity (/showthread.php?tid=7093)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Austin in the Shed - 23-01-2022

Is this one too ?    

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Tony Griffiths - 23-01-2022

(23-01-2022, 11:40 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: Is this one too ?

It certainly looks like one and, judging by the wings and scuttle from the first half of 1930 - that's if the Austin wings were contemporary with Mulliner production?

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Colin Morgan - 23-01-2022

The interiors were impressive with their wood and leather... this one was late 1929.
.jpg   Mulliner Interior Late 1929 1.jpg (Size: 179.75 KB / Downloads: 224)    

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Monsdonnet - 23-01-2022

Now the photo with the little girl really intrigues me, this is identical to my car and when I bought it (correction when Mum and Dad bought it for me !) it had wheels painted yellow....so is this a photo of my car.????????..... do you have any history of that photo please?

Yes wings, etc all contemporary with Austin production. The chassis left Longbridge as a rolling package with wings, bulkhead, running boards and dashboard all stacked on top of a floor pan. There is a standard Austin dashboard behind the wooden facade.

The other post showing an interior is I think the car that was broken up just a few years ago.... the chassis was used for a special !
Interiors were leather or Bedford cord, mine is Bedford cord.....

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Steve Jones - 23-01-2022

(23-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Monsdonnet Wrote: The other post showing an interior is I think the car that was broken up just a few years ago.... the chassis was used for a special !

Yes Mike, the photos are of the car you refer to. I still have the same photos in the set I had at the time.

Steve

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Colin Morgan - 23-01-2022

Here are couple more photos of the car broken up a few years ago...
.jpg   Mulliner Interior Late 1929 3.jpg (Size: 225.11 KB / Downloads: 172)
.jpg   Mulliner Interior Late 1929 5.jpg (Size: 284.5 KB / Downloads: 172)

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Austin in the Shed - 23-01-2022

(23-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Monsdonnet Wrote: Now the photo with the little girl really intrigues me, this is identical to my car and when I bought it (correction when Mum and Dad bought it for me !) it had wheels painted yellow....so is this a photo of my car.????????..... do you have any history of that photo please?

Yes wings, etc all contemporary with Austin production. The chassis left Longbridge as a rolling package with wings, bulkhead, running boards and dashboard all stacked on top of a floor pan. There is a standard Austin dashboard behind the wooden facade.

The other post showing an interior is I think the car that was broken up just a few years ago.... the chassis was used for a special !
It was a framed photograph purchased from a boot sale in Leicestershire 15-20 years ago,I think the seller had picked it up from somewhere else.I haven't taken it out of the frame to see if there is anything written on the back but will if you wish,it's back on the wall in the garage at the mo.

Circa 1965/66 and with the yellow wheels......... and nerdy owner.....
If you could kindly have a look on the back of that photo then I would be very keen to hear what you may find!

RE: Early Box Saloon Identity - Hedd_Jones - 23-01-2022

has yours had the scuttle vents filled in?

(23-01-2022, 07:10 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Monsdonnet Wrote: Now the photo with the little girl really intrigues me, this is identical to my car and when I bought it (correction when Mum and Dad bought it for me !) it had wheels painted yellow....so is this a photo of my car.????????..... do you have any history of that photo please?

It was a framed photograph purchased from a boot sale  in Leicestershire 15-20 years ago,I think the seller had picked it up from somewhere else.I haven't taken it out of the frame to see if there is anything written on the back but will if you wish,it's back on the wall in the garage at the mo.

(23-01-2022, 09:55 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: has yours had the scuttle vents filled in?

No.....as I recall after refabricing the body over the winter of 1965/66 I did not refit the scuttle vents until later....can't remember why ! See photo I posted earlier.....