The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Austinsevenfriends
Building my first Austin Seven car - Printable Version

+- Austinsevenfriends (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Austin Seven Friends Forum (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum chat... (https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Building my first Austin Seven car (/showthread.php?tid=8129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Duncan Grimmond - 24-02-2023

Excellent, we hope the brakes were adequate for the 4 ChildPower motor...

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Peter Naulls - 11-05-2023

Daisy and Ruairidh visited the workshop recently to discuss the best way to approach the van body. With limited facilities they have asked me to produce the structure of the body for them. We're keeping it simple and lightweight and I will be leaving enough of the detailing and finishing that Daisy should learn some new skills - but not so much that it feels daunting.

Jean-Marie's designs conveniently share a lot of features with my new "Moray" 2-seater bodies so we have decided to make a fabric-covered van version of the Moray! I mocked up a model to try different shapes of side panel and fin. Now work has begun on the real thing.

The Swallow windscreen will fit neatly on the scuttle top and I will add ash pillars to tie the roof to the scuttle. Not sure at this stage if we will need doors; the cutaway sides are necessary to give elbow room in the narrow body but access would still be quite tight. For simplicity's sake access to the tail area will be through the cabin, so the seats will need to fold.

The design is beginning to look quite aircraft-like!

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Ruairidh Dunford - 11-05-2023

Daisy is beyond excited about this.

Thank you, Peter.

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Bluebird7 - 11-05-2023

Keep the fin on the roof, like a Tatra ?

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Mike Costigan - 11-05-2023

I rather think those doors will be needed  Big Grin

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Bob Olive - 11-05-2023

(11-05-2023, 10:01 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Daisy is beyond excited about this.

Thank you, Peter.

So are we all, Ruairidh!  Another Moray model, does that mean there will soon be a Moray Register?  Can't wait to see the finished article.
All power to all your elbows.

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Ivor Hawkins - 11-05-2023

But can you get that harp through the door aperture? iIf not, I thoroughly recommend the banjo!

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Nick Salmon - 11-05-2023

It was a joy to watch the Highland Coupe take shape. This is going to be yet another joy!

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Alan - 11-05-2023

Banjo?  Good idea. All the best Austin Seveners play banjo.

Banjo?  Good idea. All the best Austin Seveners play banjo.

RE: Building my first Austin Seven car - Nick Salmon - 11-05-2023

.jpg   xecqkpr6kj381.jpg (Size: 146.82 KB / Downloads: 257)