Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,073
» Latest member: JeffreyGep
» Forum threads: 7,895
» Forum posts: 95,477

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Big end clearance
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: timbigden@icloud.com
6 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Engine Value
Last Post: Bluebird7
43 minutes ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 209
Austin Service Journal
Last Post: bystander
1 hour ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 135
The Peak Trials
Last Post: Malcolm Parker
5 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 4,291
Seven events from Septemb...
Last Post: Dean Waller
Yesterday, 11:46 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 205
Austin Sevens in Films
Last Post: Chris KC
Yesterday, 05:06 PM
» Replies: 80
» Views: 18,132
What have you done today ...
Last Post: Tony Press
22-04-2024, 11:01 PM
» Replies: 5,976
» Views: 1,352,269
Compression testing
Last Post: falcott
22-04-2024, 10:44 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 703
Front hubs
Last Post: falcott
22-04-2024, 08:19 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 1,088
Stripped thread oilway bl...
Last Post: Old Dave
21-04-2024, 10:53 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 456

750 MC BADGE.
Posted by: Rpm - 28-05-2020, 05:50 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Hi all, does anyone recognise this badge car or motorcycle? nice-looking thing.
Regards RPM    

Print this item

looking for DERNY Moped( Don't ask why)
Posted by: flywheel1935 - 28-05-2020, 05:16 PM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

As most A7 owners also store lots of "other stuff" from over the years, I'm looking to find an old DERNY Moped to restore for a cycle event next year, any leads anybody ???
Getting into 'vintage bikes' so would be fun to have .

Print this item

New Project Part needed.
Posted by: eddiefarrell - 28-05-2020, 12:40 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (12)

My 5 year project has passed the first milestone. This project was a totally stripped Austin 7 Ruby (CYA 695) including engine stripped about 45 years ago and all left to rust and rot. I spent the some time before the lock down obtaining parts and getting piston rings made for the specialoyd pistons and i spent the time of the lockdown cleaning everything and reassembling the engine and temporary fitting it to the car to start it. Could not believe it, started first pop. You would think the car had only been switched off. However, there was an old S.U. type carburettor with the top of the float chamber missing in the car with everything else, which i stripped and cleaned and used by filling the float chamber with petrol. Now that i know the engine runs, i am trying to get a complete top and securing bolt for the carb. Anyone have an idea where i might purchase one? I dont see any on the A7 parts website. By the way, i read lots of valuable information on these threads which helped the build. The guys on here even told me where to have the rings made.Great forum.

Tried to upload a photo of carb with the post but i didn't succeed.

Print this item

Austin 7 values
Posted by: Barry Townsend - 28-05-2020, 10:13 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (11)

Following on from my previous post I coincidentally have been renewing my RN insurance for the year. I've left the estimated value as per last year and wondered how the insurance companies assess the value in the event of an unfortunate write off.
It seems there is no consistent level to set the value against and it must vary considerably depending on condition, rarity and provenance etc.
We all probably assume that we own the very best example of the breed and ours is the most valuable car in existence but there must be set standard from which to work.
I, like most, keep an eye on what the market is doing and get more confused day by day.
The old adage that an item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it surely applies.
Fortunately WV1605 is going nowhere, I've never been so in love with a car before, Alfie is my pride and joy as my wife constantly reminds me!!

Print this item

7 prices
Posted by: Barry Townsend - 28-05-2020, 09:59 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

Has the Corona Virus having an effect on the sanity of some purchasers. This morning on eBay a 7 and a big 7 are being bid for at £40,000 & £50,000 respectively. I'm intrigued with what ever's going on, April 1st is long past!!

Print this item

Seats
Posted by: steve62008 - 27-05-2020, 09:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

I understand there may be someone(s) who produce upholstery for Austin 7's...true?  Anybody have a source or 5?

Print this item

RN saloon MJ 540
Posted by: Dave Mann - 27-05-2020, 06:03 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (8)

Does anybody know if this car still exists? I saw at Beaulieu in 1968 when it as maroon with a black waist line with a Youngs beer barrel trailer in tow. The only photo I have can't be posted here.

Print this item

A7 PRESSURE PLATE MAKE ??
Posted by: Rpm - 27-05-2020, 01:07 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

Hi all, Out of curiosity who made the pressure plates for our cars, whilst cleaning the clutch plate 36 car this trademark appeared, cant read the stamped print
Regards RPM    

Print this item

Non- transferable Registration numbers
Posted by: Hugh Barnes - 27-05-2020, 07:42 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

On another thread running at the moment, a side discussion is building up around non-transferable registration numbers. Rather than confusing that thread, I thought I would start a new one, specifically to discuss this topic. I will start off straight away by saying that I am strongly of the opinion that original registration numbers should be able to be made non-transferable at the owners discretion but I am also under the impression that the DVLA will not do this. 

A couple of people, Tony Betts and Ivor Hawkins, have suggested they have been able to achieve this and I'd really like to know how they did it. Has anyone else managed to do it? Would you be prepared to share your approach? Of course, this only relates to original registration numbers. As I understand it, age-related registrations the DVLA issue, do come as non-transferable..

Print this item

Autosparks wiring diagram?
Posted by: Caddy1980 - 26-05-2020, 07:48 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (14)

Hi when I purchased my seven special it came with a new Autosparks An2c wiring loom but no diagram. Unfortunately the car has as yet had no wiring in it at all so I can’t go by what was there originally. Has any used one of these looms or know of where I could find the relevant diagram? I’ve tried the Autosparks website but no joy. I’ve tried with a wiring diagram that I found on the internet for a ruby but the colours don’t match with the colours in the new loom? 
Thanks again in advance 
Aaron

Print this item