The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 717 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 717 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $tcount - Line: 722 - File: portal.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/portal.php 722 errorHandler->error_callback

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,070
» Latest member: RWBJR
» Forum threads: 7,893
» Forum posts: 95,389

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Crown Wheel Question
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
6 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 700
Jumping out of 3rd gear
Last Post: Graham Barker
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 97
Rear exhaust pipe
Last Post: David Stepney
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 70
Compression testing
Last Post: John Mason
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 235
Broken Crankshaft
Last Post: Nick Turley
Yesterday, 11:26 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 537
Front hubs
Last Post: Andy Bennett
Yesterday, 11:03 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 554
More bargain lathes
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
Yesterday, 10:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
Scottish Austin Seven Clu...
Last Post: Ruairidh Dunford
Yesterday, 06:37 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 150
Greetings! New owner from...
Last Post: Tony Griffiths
17-04-2024, 07:51 PM
» Replies: 97
» Views: 3,566
Gas and Ignition levers o...
Last Post: Old Dave
17-04-2024, 06:48 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 208

Video Hole on bell housing
Posted by: 12jslater - 18-11-2020, 03:03 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Could anyone enlighten me as to what should go here as there just seems to be a large threaded hole on the bottom of the bell housing that you can reach right into and feel the clutch?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Plywood Body - What type
Posted by: JohnD - 18-11-2020, 01:36 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

Good Afternoon, 

Iam cracking on with the special but looking forward to the body construction the plan is to cover with fabric and dope similar to early aircraft.  

Does anyone have any recomendations of the best type of ply to use to make the ribs? Iam well aware that there is alot of cheep chinease made ply which is of very poor quality. 

If anyone has any other suggestions these would be most welcome.

Print this item

SU carb & H/C head wanted
Posted by: figaro432 - 18-11-2020, 12:06 PM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

.jpg   Austin-7-RTC-Special-Trials-car-1935.jpg (Size: 30.7 KB / Downloads: 109)
SU carb wanted
H/C head wanted

I`m interested in trying an SU carb on my trials special.  It`s currently running on a Zenith, (borrowed from an Austin 10). The fuel is pumped so updraught or downdraught is ok. ... I guess 1" or 1 1/8" would do the job.

I would also like to try a H/C head if anyone has one for sale?

Print this item

Petrol ban now 2030
Posted by: 12jslater - 18-11-2020, 11:30 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (55)

I was just wondering what everyone thinks will happen to our sevens after this comes into effect in 2030, obviously it'll be a fair few years after that the petrol becomes actually hard to find at garages however when it does, what then? LPG conversion? Electric ? *shudders*

I'm 19 so the thought of only getting to enjoy my seven until I'm 29 isn't exactly a nice thought as I detest modern cars, whatever happens let's hope i can get many decades of happy motoring.

Print this item

Valve seat cutters
Posted by: Jacob Fowkes - 18-11-2020, 11:11 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (2)

Hi 
im currently putting a 2 bearing engine together for a friend, the bores have cleaned up nicely after a light rebore (got the pistons to suite) but 2 of the valve seats are pitted, on one of the cylinders that was seized. i was wondering what the best brand/ source of valve seat cutters are for these engines. Its running standard valves. thankyou all in advance, im in the uk.

Print this item

RH INSURANCE
Posted by: Martin Prior - 17-11-2020, 09:57 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (6)

RH INSURANCE
YESTERDAY I POSTED ABOUT THE INCREASE IN MY PREMIUM.
I NOW FIND THAT I HAD MIS-READ PAPERWORK AND THE INCREASE WAS FAR SMALLER THAN I HAD ORIGINALLY THOUGHT.
MY APOLOGIES TO ALL CONCERNED.

Print this item

Flashing Indicator Installation Design
Posted by: Colin Morgan - 16-11-2020, 11:51 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (29)

Having reluctantly finally decided that it is time to install flashing indicators on my 6-volt +ve earth Ruby, I wondered about the easiest way to achieve this.

I wanted to leave the existing original wiring undisturbed, continue to use the original trafficator self-cancelling switch, and also keep the working trafficators.

So, I decided to purchase four suitable lamps that take festoon bulbs and fit them with a 6v self-flashing festoon amber LED bulb that are available now.  The lamps have been fitted on the bumpers and wired back into the existing trafficator junction box under the bonnet to ensure each pair of LEDs, at the front and rear, flash when a trafficator is switched on in the usual way.  

This seems an easy way to provide flashing indicators with minimal changes?  The LEDs take only 200 milliamps each so the new wiring is light-weight and little current is added to the existing trafficator circuits.

Has anyone else tried this?  

Colin

Print this item

1929 gear stick wanted.
Posted by: Martin Paul - 16-11-2020, 05:31 PM - Forum: Wants - No Replies

1929  3 speed gate change gear stick with the bar that stops you trying to select reverse by mistake or just the rod and block wanted.

Print this item

Prescott class 1 2021
Posted by: Tom Coates - 16-11-2020, 02:00 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (17)

Calling owners of unmodified Ulsters, Cups, Nippies etc (Robert Rhodes, Chris Dallas, Stuart Ulph, Peter Johnson and others…)

My brother Nick has nearly finished putting together his touring spec Ulster and we thought it would be fun to get a good entry of standard cars at next years' Prescott to make a change from all the boy racer Ulsteroids ( Wink ). Anyone interested?

Print this item

boulogne car body help needed
Posted by: Tony Betts - 15-11-2020, 11:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (63)

Help needed.

Does anyone have or can supply drawings dimensions for the 1923 boulogne car body.

Or are the replicas out there just guess work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks tony.

Print this item