Dear “Austinsevenfriends.com”- fellows, the forum is now back on line and should work as before. If you find anything not working correctly, please let us know. Sorry for the inconvenience, kind regards the Managment

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,614
» Latest member: Anthony Hardie
» Forum threads: 3,487
» Forum posts: 39,301

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Aluminium v cast iron cyl...
Forum: Forum chat...
Last Post by: Alan
2 minutes ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 127
Fire Extinguisher
Last Post by: Charles P
6 minutes ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 527
'35 Ruby lower water mani...
Last Post by: Ian Williams
2 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 222
Valve guides
Last Post by: Spex
9 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 146
Engines
Last Post by: Tony Press
11 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 951
Bunch of bananas?
Last Post by: Duncan Grimmond
, 09:36 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 501
The Brookfields Special
Last Post by: JonE
, 08:27 PM
» Replies: 94
» Views: 13,402
Automobile - Fabric Saloo...
Last Post by: JonE
, 08:22 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 1,519
What have you done today ...
Last Post by: Ruairidh Dunford
, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 1,494
» Views: 241,803
Why are some things so di...
Last Post by: bob46320
, 01:13 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 332

Pricey, but....
Posted by: Hugh Barnes - 05-09-2017, 01:13 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (33)

Long time since I saw this and the reference to it having been restored by Donald Doughty was a trip down memory lane. Donald Doughty was instrumental in setting up the Clubs' Association. The Archive still contains some memorabilia of his, notable his gold fountain pen, which is a particular favourite of mine...

[Only registered and activated users can see the links Click here to register]

Print this item

CUMBRIAN RUN
Posted by: Nick Turley - 04-09-2017, 05:26 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (1)

Just got home having had a super time on the Cumbrian run. 
All the 35 cars had a ball. 
If you did not go you missed treat.
Big thanks to Malcolm Parker yet again from all.
Big Grin

Print this item

Indicators on AD Tourer
Posted by: Derek Sheldon - 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - No Replies

i purchased some orange rear light look alikes at   Beauliue at the weekend which I am quite happy with. But what to do on the front. The present thought is to use the two colour L.E.D  jobs in the head lamp mounted sidelight. I don't want to add unauthentic looking units to the front as I don't think it looks right. Would appreciate your thoughts

Print this item

Exclamation Vintage Top Gear
Posted by: LongstonetyresBert - 04-09-2017, 03:19 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

New vintage top gear (or bottom gear) from Longstone tyres is on the way and this time it stars a pretty little blue Austin seven chummy in the beautiful land that is conwall.  Heart

Do have fun watching this and give me your thoughts Big Grin I made this trailer myself so any tips would be awesome Smile

Print this item

Lucas cutout id
Posted by: Dave Wheatley - 04-09-2017, 02:17 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Can anybody identify my cutout. I don't want to remove it to look underneath it if I can help it.

It's being used with a C35M dynamo and a SM5 switch. I get minimal amps when running.

Print this item

Music Hong Kong Sevens!
Posted by: David.H - 04-09-2017, 02:12 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (7)

.jpg   IMG_9508.JPG chitti.JPG (Size: 127.36 KB / Downloads: 359) Not the oval ball type!
I have almost got a 1932 AG tourer with an interesting history. It went from Hong Kong to California in 1971/72. It has what I think is a Hong Kong Tax Disc that ran out 31.10 70, and a registration number AP 9057. it's colour was blue/black. (now yellow/black) There are some Chinese characters on the white & Black disc as well.
As yet I don't have the Chassis etc numbers confirmed, so cannot identify the car 100%, but it is a short chassis steel body "Chummy " style
Any one got any information? Even abut HK registration numbers

Print this item

Austin 7 engine dating please?
Posted by: Kalanwade - 04-09-2017, 12:28 PM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (4)

Hi

I am looking to restore an Austin 7 engine owned by my father to run as a static engine but need help to identify/date it so that I can source the correct parts. The number stamped on it is M222396. Dad seems to think that it is mid '30s.....? Can anyone help please?

Print this item

KopHill Climb 16-09-2017 17-09-2017
Posted by: Oxford Jack - 04-09-2017, 11:05 AM - Forum: Events - Replies (1)

Starts: 16-09-2017
Ends: 17-09-2017

KopHill Climb

Kop Hill Climb, Princes Risborough, Bucks. 500 classic veteran, vintage, cars and bikes.
Still paddock places available, 750 Club attendance and usually several interesting 7's entered for the climb.
Many other attractions, soapbox derby, dodgems, original wooden Wall of Death, live music,

Print this item

Beaulieu 2017
Posted by: Phil Kingdom - 04-09-2017, 10:18 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (9)

Included in the junk, oh, sorry rare desirable items at bargain prices we took to Beaulieu this year was some Ruby window glass, a full set minus one of the door glasses that we could not find, it sat at the front of the stall and attracted no interest what so ever. Having had a good Saturday for both buying and selling and with the weather looking bad for Sunday we decided to pack up early and move the van of the show ground before 8 o clock and have a wander around till about 10.30 then go home, not wanting to bring the glass home we gave it away, it was at this point we realised the other door glass was missing, yes it had been stolen from the stall! No great loss to us as we did not want it but there was no way we were going to bin it when it could help someone out. Well Mr or Mrs thief had you made the effort to enquire about the glass we could of probably persuaded you to take the lot for free.

Print this item

Cambridge Special - Wing Brackets
Posted by: Matt_Harnden - 04-09-2017, 07:49 AM - Forum: Forum chat... - Replies (5)

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to help me by making a couple of new front wing mounting brackets for my Special.

These are the brackets that mount the wings and lamps to the body/radiator cowl.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Print this item