The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many more Sevens are there out there?
In the past sandy used to email me regular when I had another car pulled out of a shed or barn.

Sorry sandy, I always let the new owners decide if they want to be on the register.

Sandys fine work, ment there is a large quantity of known cars on the register.

But it's not the be all and end all, it probably holds info on 70% of known cars.

There will be many like myself, who don't like these details in others hands. To much big brother.

To much of an opertunity for greedy people in the right place to sell information. 

It happens.

Tony.
I did some stats a year or so back just on the Nippies - the survival rates were (on end of 2014 survivor figures):

EB65 (115ish/340ish) 33.8%

Nippy (239ish/640ish) 37.3%

And of course, there are more emerging all the time or indeed, not wanting to be known of which I just keep as a personal list. But it's incredible that likely 50-55% might have survived after say 100 years.
Hi jonE,

How many of those you know about are on the chassis register.

Tony.
(22-03-2018, 12:20 PM)JonE Wrote: I did some stats a year or so back just on the Nippies - the survival rates were (on end of 2014 survivor figures):

EB65 (115ish/340ish)   33.8%

Nippy (239ish/640ish) 37.3%

And of course, there are more emerging all the time or indeed, not wanting to be known of which I just keep as a personal list. But it's incredible that likely 50-55% might have survived after say 100 years.

Apparently the figure for Rolls Royce is six of ten survive.. of course that's total production.. but nevertheless, 50/55% is something to be applauded  Big Grin
It must be about 12 for every 10 built for Type 35 Bugattis....
(22-03-2018, 01:30 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: How many of those you know about are on the chassis register.

Tony - I just scrutinised the main Survivors Register and then I've gradually added things for my own records (or helped cars get added if, like you have found, owners wish it to happen) We should also be interested in, for instance, specials which have recognised 65 or nippy chassis... that aren't marked down as Nippy or 65 now although may be on the Register elsewhere - and its part of their history. Ditto spare bodies or bare chassis - they are all remains which have a bearing on Nippy survival overall for the future.

So I guess perhaps 90% are on the register? (And my future guesstimate based on the fact that you just don't ever throw anything which looks like a Nippy away, however rusty - there are bound to more still in garages and barns until a whole generation passes!)