The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many more Sevens are there out there?
Just seen this photo of a Portuguese-registered Ruby:

.jpg   MN-48-43.jpg (Size: 59.4 KB / Downloads: 661)

It's not on the Association Register under MN-48-43, although it could, of course, be on the list under a UK number; apart from unregistered chassis, I wonder how many more cars are still unrecorded?

Maybe it's a recent import -does anyone recognise a bright yellow ARQ Ruby with a black spare wheel cover?

edit: Looking at the pic more carefully, it doesn't appear to have twin rear lights, which suggests it hasn't been on UK roads in recent times ...
I'd guess at least a couple of thousands Mike,I have one I think.
    Well there are these tow sad souls I was looking at earlier today... let's hope they each find sympathetic new homes.
Albert - so 867 looks like it DOES have a chassis? Or are those wings just being held up by the wheels propped up?!
(20-03-2018, 08:15 PM)Albert S Wrote: Well there are these tow sad souls I was looking at earlier today... let's hope they each find sympathetic new homes.

I believe from the auction photo Lot 866 is an RN body - is Lot 867 an RP, Albert ?
Jon..
Yes,well spotted,the body is resting on a chassis,there's also an early front axle attached,pre Ruby,but the only listing for a separate chassis is lot no. 1482, listed as a Ruby ?.. it's all a bit of a mess with Austin parts well scattered.. I was busily occupied searching for any Allard associated bits and pieces.
I don't believe it's actually attached to the chassis, just resting on it.
The chap to ask for is Barry,very helpful fella.

(20-03-2018, 08:51 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote:
(20-03-2018, 08:15 PM)Albert S Wrote: Well there are these tow sad souls I was looking at earlier today... let's hope they each find sympathetic new homes.

I believe from the auction photo Lot 866 is an RN body - is Lot 867 an RP, Albert ?

Jeff..
Hand on heart I couldn't say, the rear of the car was shrouded in several piles of wheels and tyres.. I didn't notice the seams. I've to speak with the vendor tomorrow, I'll ask him to check it out if you wish?
Tony made the point of so many individual items rather than bulking them up into various larger lots.. point well made. 
It's going to be a long day should you attend.
Yes please, if you wouldn't mind asking the vendor, Albert - though I very much doubt I'll be there, the auction's a long way south of me. My interest is that I need a complete RP scuttle bulkhead / A posts / screen top for my AVG van rebuild - having said that the body of Lot 867 may be too good to cannibalise for parts for the van, it's difficult to say from the photo as to its overall condition. Lot 867 is listed in the catalogue as Body + Two Doors, no mention of chassis or other mechanical parts with it - perhaps the two front wings are included, who knows.

As can be seen from the catalogue photo of the RN Lot 866, the nearside scuttle bulkhead / A post is in need of a considerable amount of work.

.png   Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 23.09.40.png (Size: 575.4 KB / Downloads: 402)
From Albert's photo, Lot 867 would indeed appear to be an RP; the RP-style A-post moulding is clearly visible, also there are no holes in the bulkhead for a scuttle tank.
(21-03-2018, 10:21 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: From Albert's photo, Lot 867 would indeed appear to be an RP; the RP-style A-post moulding is clearly visible, also there are no holes in the bulkhead for a scuttle tank.

Jeff,Mike..

Yes,you're both correct,it is indeed an RP,no seams and three hinges. The chassis it sits on is the Ruby item,the front wings (1480) steering wheel and box (1483) ,the seller believes to have originally been with the car are indeed separate items. It does come with a pair of doors and an interior full of bits and pieces,trim,floor etc.

May be of some help Jeff...my prime lot is up before the RP,is as usual is harvesting much interest, should I not win out rather than return with an empty trailer,I'd be happy to bid on your behalf and locate the shell at my home in North Worcs to await your collection if that's more convenient for you ?... a little convoluted but if it'd help.
When I was registrar for BA7C in the late seventies, we thought the A7CA had just about completed its work. There were about 6000 entries on the Association Register at that stage. However, in the subsequent years, I have personally found or owned five or six Austin Sevens that weren't on the register, the latest (1926 R type Top Hat) in the last month or so. So they keep on coming....
Of course, some previously known cars will have dropped off, locked away in garages or sheds or converted into faux racers, although they were known to exist at a certain date...

How many more? Who knows? A few thousand I guess worldwide, and a few rediscoveries. Don't forget, VSCC cars are not counted.....unless notified to the Association Registrar or ownership passes to a member of an A7CA club.