The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Austin Parts
I received a note from a friend that there was to be an sale of vintage parts (Including some Austin seven) at Sewell Manor. As I am in western Canada I will not be there. The sale includes some Austin parts including bodies, wheels ,axels, and many more. The viewing starts on 19th March and the sale is on Friday 23 March.

Sorry --I got the date wrong---For details go on line to   Sewell Manor Catalogue and Automobilia
Struggling to find any sale that might relate. Any other details, e.g. website please Ken?
http://www.cotgraveantiques.co.uk
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Fascinating and intriguing.. there's my weekend gone for a Burton !
Checked the catalogue, 

can't help but think every item has been stripped to each extreamly individual part. To try get more than it's worth. 

We're things could be entered as job lots.  Huh
(18-03-2018, 01:11 AM)Tony Betts Wrote: Checked the catalogue, 

can't help but think every item has been stripped to each extreamly individual part. To try get more than it's worth. 

We're things could be entered as job lots.  Huh

oh for some photos! I find I learn a lot looking at things like Richard Edmonds auction lists!  

Although the photos of some of the cars in the main catalogue are fun - looks an evocative place.

I wonder what this chap used to run by way of a Seven, as clearly there arent any extant cars there still.
I can't help thinking the auctioneer will deserve a medal if he sells that lot! Some bits - well, just a few - seem to be reasonably estimated, although it all depends on condition, but many are way over the top and will probably not sell. £15 for an MGB choke cable, or £20 for an unidentified 1930s clutch plate, for example! As for the Talbot Ten missing its rear bodywork at £45,000-£55,000, it would be way over the top if it was a misprint and should read £4,500-£5.500 ...
For those wanting to do hill or mountain climbs there is a pair of strong berg carburettors with linkage...
Google streetview shows it as being next to a modern scrapyard. I wonder if they're getting rid of all their old junk?
Does anyone know what lots are to be sold on saterday.

And what lots are to be sold on Sunday.

Thanks Tony.