Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
piston wanted 1939 Austin 8 AP civilian Tourer
Hi am new here looking for hepolite piston 7665 +060 for my 39 AP Tourer .The engine was "stuck" and one piston did not like the stout wood and sledgehammer treatment resulting in "piston broke" If anyone has a lonely piston or indeed a set please get in touch .I have cleaned the light rust from the bored and they are good with no scores or ridges .PEP pistons would be ideal .Live in hope ,cheers Ally
(15-03-2018, 09:55 PM)Ally Monce Wrote: Hi am new here looking for hepolite piston 7665 +060 for my 39 AP Tourer .The engine was "stuck" and one piston did not like the stout wood and sledgehammer treatment resulting in "piston broke" If anyone has a lonely piston or indeed a set please get in touch .I have cleaned the light rust from the bored and they are good with no scores or ridges .PEP pistons would be ideal .Live in hope ,cheers Ally

If you search  Austin 8 Hp 1937-1939 Hepolite Piston Set Rs7665 +0.020"  you will find that the guy says he also has a +60 set. Sorry I can't copy the link for some reason, nor did I find the Ebay listing.
Robert Leigh
The set of +0.020" pistons show up as 'sold out' on eBay, but are showing as 'unsold' on picclink. The eBay seller is jtd357 located in Banstead. As Robert mentions above, the seller stated he also had a set of +060" and +030". You can contact him via this link apparently.  

https://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....rmvSB=true

.png   Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 13.37.29.png (Size: 263.97 KB / Downloads: 134)
(16-03-2018, 02:56 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: The set of +0.020" pistons show up as 'sold out' on eBay, but are showing as 'unsold' on picclink. The eBay seller is jtd357 located in Banstead. As Robert mentions above, the seller stated he also had a set of +060" and +030". You can contact him via this link apparently.  

https://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....rmvSB=true
Hi Jeff and Robert, thank you for your replies, I have contacted that seller but no joy +060 set is also sold, so the search goes on cheers Ally
(15-03-2018, 09:55 PM)Ally Monce Wrote: Hi am new here looking for hepolite piston 7665 +060 for my 39 AP Tourer .The engine was "stuck" and one piston did not like the stout wood and sledgehammer treatment resulting in "piston broke" If anyone has a lonely piston or indeed a set please get in touch .I have cleaned the light rust from the bored and they are good with no scores or ridges .PEP pistons would be ideal .Live in hope ,cheers Ally

Ally

I may be able to help with this. Give me a call martyn.nutland@gmail.com
(16-03-2018, 08:31 PM)Martyn Nutland Wrote:

Ally

I may be able to help with this. Give me a call martyn.nutland@gmail.com

Hi Martin thank you for your reply,have sent email via this forum , lesal2350@btinternet.com thanks cheers Ally

If you have had no luck getting the pistons , I have 2 sets of 60 th . Contact me on cgdawson@hotmail.co.uk 
Colin .
Hi Guys ,many thanks to all who took time to answer my search with offers of help and information.I am now in the happy position of having replacement PEP Pistons  and shell big end bearings,a full engine gasket set and top and bottom hoses!! My thanks to Robin Taylor (Austin Big 7) and John Davis(Vintage &Collectors car spares)for supply of my needs and wants .Now to put the hours in ,in my man cave rebuilding the engine cheers Ally Big Grin