The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9E manifold
Well you learn something new every day.

I was called out Friday to empty a barn of austin 7 spares, ( nothing new there ).

A cold weekend sorting and putting things away, ( nothing new there ).

But this morning I was sorting some of the items to go onto ebay, amongst the new bits in boxes were some unused water manifolds. A bit dust as usual. So I gave them a clean.

On the last one I cleaned, I found the part number was 9E116. ( now that is new to me ).

Can't see why they need to be 9E for the nippy. I take it its original old stock. 

What do you think Tony.

[attachment=2457]

Then I though perhaps I should check the others.

And to my surprise, now I have two.

[attachment=2458]
Tony,

A Water Outlet, part number BC88, was manufactured specifically for the Seven Sports Two Seater ( aka Nippy / 65 ).  Can you tell us how it differs from a " normal " one please ?

Chris
Chris - my notes are that BC88 is indeed 9E 16. That doesn't answer the above question tho!
I went through the old manifolds box, and found an original numbered one.

They look around the same, ie the angle. If the difference between the two, is for tall and short radiators.

If there is a difference it's only 1 degree, why bother.

[attachment=2459]

Then I thought sod it, let's have a corus line of different manufacturers over the years.

[attachment=2460]
presumably the 9E item is carried over from the bronze Ulster one, so they wouldn't have changed much in the tooling... so they madr that decision a few years earlier when money was smaller.
Do Sports drivers/owners demand a parts list that actually looks like they support a completely re-engineered car, rather than a craftily created one from a good deal of largely standard materials?!
(19-03-2018, 02:00 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: Tony,

A Water Outlet, part number BC88, was manufactured specifically for the Seven Sports Two Seater ( aka Nippy / 65 ).  Can you tell us how it differs from a " normal " one please ?

Chris

Isn't the difference just that the 9E item pre-dates a '37 onward water branch
"Isn't the difference just that the 9E item pre-dates a '37 onward water branch"
I agree this makes a lot of sense and would explain why there is no difference with the IA numbered part, in the same way that XL parts are often the same a later IA parts
Black Art Enthusiast