The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ecurie Ecosse Sevens
Somewhile ago i brought an album of photographs,ostensibly for photos of a car which had nothing to do with Sevens. Within its pages was a glimpse into the efforts of a group of young guys working out of what's look to be four lock up garages to build,what look to be, a couple of very professional looking Seven specials.
Hopefully these photos will harvest some history of the project and what eventually happened to the cars and the guys who built them,bear with me as I free the images, they have bonded themselves into the album mounts ,hope you enjoy them.

(01-04-2018, 08:44 AM)Albert S Wrote: Somewhile ago i brought an album of photographs,ostensibly for photos of a car which had nothing to do with Sevens. Within its pages was a glimpse into the efforts of a group of young guys working out of what's look to be four lock up garages to build,what look to be, a couple of very professional looking Seven specials.
Hopefully these photos will harvest some history of the project and what eventually happened to the cars and the guys who built them,bear with me as I free the images, they have bonded themselves into the album mounts ,hope you enjoy them.

The first picture shows what I believe is an MG TB of which very few were produced, so such pictures are uncommon.
Robert Leigh
The FKJ issue ran from June to August 1938, so yes, an MG TB.
Albert, I see they are in fact from "Ecurie Vitesse". If memory serves me aright they were South London based but I think David Morgan would know.

Regards,
Stuart
A friend in Royston had TB under restoration many years ago. I don't know what became of it.
Jim
(01-04-2018, 02:57 PM)stuartu Wrote: Albert, I see they are in fact from "Ecurie Vitesse". If memory serves me aright they were South London based but I think David Morgan would know.

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart ..
Yes, I think they had a change of name midstream. The rear of the MG photo has in pen "Ecurie Ecosse Workshops" sometime later the Ecosse has been pencilled out and Vittesse inserted below.
Thank you.

All the Best,
Albert ..
Speed Stables was probably a play on words from the Scottish Stables F1 team.
Black Art Enthusiast