The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigsty Racing
Does anyone have an email address for Pigsty, I have been unable to contact by phone, voicemail not returned.

Alex, If you see this post are you able to let us know whats happening, is someone unwell?

I need some camfollowers regrinding, any suggestions please

Best Wishes

Gene
I think Ruairidh can do that, I'm sure I recall him showing me his jig. (Also the fixture he uses for cam grinding).
I can grind them to a standard profile (including tappets) and provide a same day return service if that is of use.
I can grind them 3/4" rad exchange
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I can grind them 3/4" rad exchange

Hi Rorry and Dave

Thanks for reply.

I don't need exchane as I am not in a big hurry and can send my old ones to be done.
Is there a benifit in using a larger radius, is it easier on the cam?

Please let me have a price, I would be interested in the tappet screws being don as well.

My email: gene.h@hotmail.co.uk

Best Wishes to both

Gene
I will grind what is sent to me and can only do the standard radius.

If you decide that is what you would like you are welcome to email me on dunford1@aol.com
(05-03-2018, 02:47 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I can grind them 3/4" rad exchange

Hi Rorry and Dave

Thanks for reply.

I don't need exchane as I am not in a big hurry and can send my old ones to be done.

Please let me have a price, I would be interested in the tappet screws being don as well.

Best Wishes to both

Gene

My received wisdom - rightly or wrongly - is that flattened followers are better at full chat but original pattern for bottom-end torque. Not aware of longevity issues either way. I've just had mine reground from nearly flat back to standard so ask me again in a year or two!
(05-03-2018, 02:47 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:

Hi Rorry and Dave

Thanks for reply.

Best Wishes to both

Gene
If there was one thing I'd do to improve a standard engine re radiusing the cam followers would be it.
This was covered in the old forum,Although it doesn't increase the valve timing the valve lifts quicker allowing more charge.You can tell the exhaust note becomes crisper when done.
The above is using a good standard camshaft,If using a reprofiled one it may be better using std rad ones dependent on cam profile.
Not 100pct the video I wanted, but gives some idea of what's going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFKUqCFd_A
Dave (aka Austin)

Could you give me a price to flatten a set for me please. I tried emailing... but who knows where they end up! cyt660@hotmail.co.uk 

Many thanks
Nick