The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 65 / Nippy Cylinder Head Gasket
I have been told these are not being made by anybody. I'd like to get one for my 1934 Type 65. Before I start looking at getting a bespoke one made up locally here in Yorkshire, please does anyone know if they are off the shelf anywhere? 

The ones for the later h/c heads (36 onwards) are available but I think I have read on here that these are a different shape and protrude into the combustion chamber?

Many thanks for any advice.

Colin
https://aus7in.wordpress.com/parts/ - see the list Colin...

Ian did a run but I think these are all gone now. I may need to update the text there, but if others are needing, make yourselves known!
Colin I think most if not all cherished suppliers stock both high and low compression gaskets.

Yours John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
(22-02-2018, 06:16 PM)JonE Wrote: https://aus7in.wordpress.com/parts/ - see the list Colin...

Ian did a run but I think these are all gone now. I may need to update the text there, but if others are needing, make yourselves known!

A friend had an excellent one off made up last year in Keighley for his Triumph Roadster for £80, so that's a possibility. Feeling a certain loyalty to people on this forum though, I'd be happy to be part of an order on Ian.

(22-02-2018, 06:37 PM)John Mason Wrote: Colin I think most if not all cherished suppliers stock both high and low compression gaskets.

Yours John Mason

I think you're right John, but I understand those for the 65 and Nippy are different to the later h/c gakets. Be interesting to know if anyone has used the 36 to 39 high compression gasket in a 1934 Type 65 without problems. I thought the intrusion of these gaskets into the combustion chamber lead to pre ignition, but I may be making that up?
Colin. Is there any way you could let me know who made the gaskets for your friend? I need a couple of gaskets made for a Morris. Thanks.
Hi Rob,

Dobsons, based in Keighley. Apparently the guy to speak to is Peter - 01535 607257

http://www.dobsongasket.com/index.php/cl...ar-gaskets
If more sports gaskets are wanted I could get another batch made but I will need a confirmed order for at least 10, I could also get gaskets made in solid copper if there is any interest HC, LC or Sports pattern, again minimum 10. Price guide on the last lot was in the region of 30 pounds for a CA Sports and about 45 pounds for a solid copper, if there is enough genuine interest I can get up to date prices, and it would probably be best if someone in the UK acted as distributer to keep postage costs down.
NB, I do not do this commercially, simply to help fellow enthusiasts!
Black Art Enthusiast
(22-02-2018, 05:47 PM)Colin Wilks Wrote: I have been told these are not being made by anybody. I'd like to get one for my 1934 Type 65. Before I start looking at getting a bespoke one made up locally here in Yorkshire, please does anyone know if they are off the shelf anywhere? 

The ones for the later h/c heads (36 onwards) are available but I think I have read on here that these are a different shape and protrude into the combustion chamber?

Many thanks for any advice.

Colin

Hi Colin
The normal HC gasket seems to work fine with a 9E head.
The difference in shape is so minor it is not worth thinking about.
I did have some made some time ago but later considered it a waste of time.

Film night on Monday !
That's a result. Thanks Nick. See you in Batley!
Hi
I bought some special gaskets made in NZ last year and have some left if you'd like one.
The price is £27.50 each plus postage (~£4.50).
I've still got six high compression and one low compression (supercharged Ulster) left.
Hope this helps.
Martin