The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Special Rebuild
Hi everyone, there seem to be several special rebuilds/newbuilds etc on here so I thought I'd thrown mine into the mix.

I have a basic understanding of mechanics though very little experience - but hopefully I'll pick it up as things progress. I've been looking after various vintage vehicles from my families collection for a few years but dismantling and putting back together a whole car is new challenge.

The car in question was originally built in 1927 and it appears to have a Hamblin body kit on it, though I'm not 100% on that. My late grandfather purchased it a good number of years ago, used it a bit and eventually laid it up. 

I pulled it out of his garage late last year and got it running briefly before starting to take it apart. Overall it appears to be in good order, but I'd like piece of mind and it appears to be a fairly straightforward project. 

There are various things on it that are very 'special', the end of a micrometre used as one end the windscreen mounting, an old satellite dish for a grill, a shed hinge and bit of apple box for an accelerator pedal. Most instruments appear to have come from a Ford 100E, and it is in places fairly rustic. 

The plan is to go through it mechanically and fully repaint it whilst trying to retain the oddities and rough edges that make it what it is. I don't imagine special building was always the pinnacle of engineering and that a degree of bodging is part of the fun. It isn't ever going to be concours, or 'original' spec - just an honest special, most importantly it needs to be a lot of fun. 

Really happy to see you've got Grandad's Special out again, Adam...
Excellent Adam, please keep the thread running.
Black Art Enthusiast