The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheep in Wolve's Clothing
I recently came across the book Fists of Steel about the rearmament of Germany. Included a photo of mock tanks mounted on presumably Rosengarts practising tactics  off road. The photo may have appeared here but I do not recall.

All proud of their Brit ancestry must see the excellent current Churchill film. It is sobering to reflect that the tactics which swept aside the armies in France were learned in Sevens!

Assuming they handle like Austins I wonder if the cars were also used to sharpen the reactions of pilots?
Wouldn't they be Dixis?
Cheers

Mark
Yes! out here dont give much thought to either.
Picture showing 'Tank'

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great picture, but not sure that 'disguise' would have fooled anyone with a half decent pair of binoculars, even from above and a grainy photograph. But certainly another excellent bit for my '90 years of social history through the eyes of an Austin 7' talk.
Perhaps they were only for training, rather than trying to fool the enemy into believing that there tanks in them there hills.
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
A series of articles were printed in an Association Magazine about these - will try to find which.
As I understand it Dixi’s Were used to train the tank crews in tactics for a future tank led blitzkrieg they weren’t expected to fool anybody.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
There's a good photograph of a couple of Dixi tanks in their training role on page 93 of David Morgan's "Immortal Austin Seven"

I would post it here but know there's been some toing and froing about copyright, so not sure where we stand?