The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporty SWB Saloon...
That does look like the one I remember Peter - thank you!

I had larger rear tyres when I las t saw it - Dave Tedham was using it...
The Saloon is Mike Telford's car, EW 7597 - 1932 registered - with Mike standing at the side of it. The Chummy next to it is another famous car, 'The Ascension Islands Chummy' DS 8618 owned then, and now, by Dave Dickinson who's at the side of it.

Steve
Thats amazing Steve , one of my tenants is from St .Helena where he was in the Police force, as his wife needed dialysis he got himself posted to Ascension Island, I was in the garage one day and he said I remember one of these in Blue with a black convertible roof on Ascension, it went to England on the mail boat , same one ?
The story of (two) car(s) from Ascension is reported in an past A7CA Mag by Mike and Steve Hodgson.
(18-02-2018, 12:48 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: You are more than likely correct Robert, thank you.

Here it is:

[Image: 4040187087_df95a11574.jpg]

76D43 has an advert:
"Save a Seven from further indignity. Either someone buys the the ex-Mike Forrest 750 racer (cut and shut saloon) from me for about 200 quid or I will sell it to a friend who will fit a Ford engine and drag race it Needs some work but complete with a bathful of spares. Graham Templeman Nottingham 609866"
I would have bought it but didn’t have a spare 200 at the time. Neville Barr did and I remember racing against him at Donington.
Alan Fairless
The Forrest special is still around but I believe it is no longer eligible to race due to rule changes, I have a b/w picture of it in a book dating from 1962 when it was owned by M.J. Forrest, It left a lasting impression on me even though I was only 9 at the time. Does anyone know what colour it was back then?
Current state of Forrest Saloon.

Lots of work done to restore bodywork after it was rolled by Neville and resprayed the original dark blue.

If memory serves me it was painted white as it was very hot to sit in a dark enclosed car with no opening windows.

VSCC wouldn't accept it without major changes that it never had in period.