The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel tank sender screws
(10-02-2018, 01:14 PM)Pearls not a Singer Wrote: I believe that similar operating arms were used by BMC, british Leyland, Rover  et al  up until the nineties.  My sender has worked since 1985  with a plastic Austin Maxi float which fits perfectly into the loop on the end.

If our cherished suppliers don't have a gasket,  one should be available from an Austin Healey Sprite spares supplier

Loop on the end? What luxury!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
Inside your tank is minging!
(10-02-2018, 06:15 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote: Inside your tank is minging!

More than likely. What I can see which would have covered by fuel is not too bad. It’s what I can’t see should be a concern. I have the gravel, it’s the cement mixer to agitate it all I need now.
1931 RN, 1933 APD
On my Ruby (which is 12v ) I have used a pre 1972 Mg Midget/Sprite sender unit
I Have 3 BA screws they will need shortening just let me know.
I have just done the job on my Austin 8. 
Bob
As the tank was significantly cleaner than the sender unit I left it alone. All is back together now using M4 bolts. I now have the 5/32 BSW bolts and there seems to be no difference in the threads. ie either bolt or nut between the two types are easily interchangeable. Now if I have a to remove the sender I know I can get the retaining bolts out without having to remove the tank.
1931 RN, 1933 APD