The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chassis boxing. How much?
What Ruairidh said.
The chassis belongs to my crashed special, the body reconstruction is under another thread that is now overdue for an update, the holes were drilled after folding the sections. I wanted to attempt to keep somewhat in period appearance wise so tried to echo the Austin drilled holes in the central stiffener and riveted them in for the same reason, the additional sections are there to support the under tray as much as brace the cross members and box the side rails.
Black Art Enthusiast
I made some new fore-aft chassis pieces for the middle of one of my cars with those holes added.  I used my plasma cutter and a wooden ring as a template, rather like the old Spirograph toy from the 1970s.

I like what you have done, Ian. (All of it!)  If you get any more pictures then I'd be grateful for a chance to see them.

Rob

Attached Files
.jpg   chassis2.jpg (Size: 124.54 KB / Downloads: 283)
Hi Rob,

I know its a old post, how did your chassis turn out, what did you learn ? I'm starting out on restoring my own "special" chassis, ideal time to carry out mods..

Cheers
Matt