Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a rule....
All ads posted here must be selling the item directly and not a link to an eBay listing or an ad on another sales site. They will be removed without notice or warning by admin.
I can search EBay myself if I want to!

Charles
(03-02-2018, 08:30 AM)Charles P Wrote: All ads posted here must be selling the item directly and not a link to an eBay listing or an ad on another sales site. They will be removed without notice or warning by admin.
I can search EBay myself if I want to!

Charles

Charles, links to ebay have been/are useful and it saves us looking.At least one forum user to my knowledge bought a car through a link to eBay.He placed a wants ad here, and several of us sent him the link.
There was a discussion re specials for sale back along, and several links to ebay.
My attention has been brought to a number of items which have been of interest which I was not looking for, the latest being an ALR manifold and carb.

I would agree we don't want the forum to become predominantly a market place, but I see no harm in telling our friends about cars or parts for sale as long as they are Austin Seven.
Don't tell them about parts you have found which you want for yourself !

Best Wishes Gene 

I was annoyed the other day to see a firm of solicitors touting for business here, it was taken down almost as soon as it went up.
I probably wouldn't put up an auction link for something interesting as somebody might be p*ssed off if they were onto it and waiting to snipe, but I've just put up a buy it now (in the main chat as it happens) as that seems fair game for everyone, and the best ebay finds are the one's least easily findable!

Spread the love :-)