The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New A7CA mag - well done!
Just had the new 2018A mag through the door. 

Congratulations to all involved. 

Don't want to say anything else as it will spoil other's enjoyment/anticipation of opening the post - but likewise, deserves to be said a.s.a.p. because it has obviously involved hard work!
New editor Les Gammon has put in a lot of spade work.  Well done!
(25-01-2018, 11:53 AM)Terry McGrath Wrote: New editor Les Gammon has put in a lot of spade work.  Well done!
Good morning all.
My copy of the Association magazine has just arrived and I would like to add my congratulations to the editor Les Gammon for the quality of the publication.
A very high bar has been set for future editions!
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.
Stuart Joseph
I will offer my congratulations,too; I am particularly envious of those rounded corners -it was always the intention to include them on the first 1970A issue, but they proved too costly and time consuming to produce.
(27-01-2018, 11:41 AM)Stuart Joseph Wrote:
(25-01-2018, 11:53 AM)Terry McGrath Wrote: New editor Les Gammon has put in a lot of spade work.  Well done!
Good morning all.
My copy of the Association magazine has just arrived and I would like to add my congratulations to the editor Les Gammon for the quality of the publication.
A very high bar has been set for future editions!
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.
Stuart Joseph
I agree completely. The quality of the physical aspect of the Magazine is first class, and the content fascinating.
The photo on page 20 I thought was inspirational, but Mrs H was not convinced. She remembered my mother's cautionary tale about when I rebuilt my 1931 A7's engine on the kitchen table one Easter.(1957 or 8)                (Re-bore,new pistons /rings/ decoke etc)......worked a treat afterwards (thank you Mr Pitman!)
Timing went back 180 degrees out & we had spectacular flames from the carburettor![Image: biggrin.png]
David H
The new/old look mag is a superb job.  Well done!

I particularly like the top half of page 30! Big Grin
Yes, very good indeed.

I am amused by the photo on P20 showing Trevor Miller and his Chummy in his living room! Is more known about him...how did he get it in and out...obviously through a door wide enough of course! His wife being more interested in the TV.

Reminds me of chap who built a small plane in his living room and had to take the front of his out to get it out.

All houses really ought to be built around our hobbies and interests, actually looking at Martin Prior's website, all houses should look like his workshop frontage!

Arthur
When it was handed out at our workshop day I thought it was a 'special' extra to the usual mag. It took me a little while to realise t was a new look for the grey mag. I have to say that it has a lovely nostalgic feel and has the content to match it.
I got into trouble the other day for having a new carb in the kitchen for some cleaning out. Not sure how far I would get with a whole car.
Congrats to all involved.
Andy B.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
(29-01-2018, 09:14 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: When it was handed out at our workshop day I thought it was a 'special' extra to the usual mag. It took me a little while to realise t was a new look for the grey mag. I have to say that it has a lovely nostalgic feel and has the content to match it.
I got into trouble the other day for having a new carb in the kitchen for some cleaning out. Not sure how far I would get with a whole car.
Andy B.

You should have hidden it in the dishwasher!
(29-01-2018, 11:21 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote:
(29-01-2018, 09:14 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: When it was handed out at our workshop day I thought it was a 'special' extra to the usual mag. It took me a little while to realise t was a new look for the grey mag. I have to say that it has a lovely nostalgic feel and has the content to match it.
Andy B.

You should have hidden it in the dishwasher!
I have an animated dishwasher, 2 arms and 2 legs and is often the noisy element attached to the end of a vacuum cleaner...just as well she's out at the moment!

Arthur