The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three wheeled Austin Seven...
Just posted by Roly on FB!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tKF7gG1pzM
And there was I, hoping to see a trike!. Scary stuff, I had that happen on a Beetle front wheel once on the M62.
I hope there wasn't too much damage.
Thumbs Up 
Nice one Big Grin
I think he did rather well to park it at the bar door
Totally agree - very impressive!
Nice to see someone else who doesn't let anything come between him and the pub! Wink
Well, while I had the momentum it seemed reasonable to reach the pub. Pints were poured and we mulled over the conundrum. 

One of my friends commented: There's a man in a brown coat puffing furiously on his King Charles Smoking Mixture assembling the parts Roly needs as I type. Much brown wrapping paper and a dollop of sealing wax will be needed.

Does this sound like Jamie at the Seven Workshop?   Big Grin
1931 RN, 1933 APD
(14-08-2017, 08:02 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: Well, while I had the momentum it seemed reasonable to reach the pub. Pints were poured and we mulled over the conundrum. 

One of my friends commented: There's a man in a brown coat puffing furiously on his King Charles Smoking Mixture assembling the parts Roly needs as I type. Much brown wrapping paper and a dollop of sealing wax will be needed.

Does this sound like Jamie at the Seven Workshop?   Big Grin

What a shock ! What happened ?

I must go and check all twelve wheels !! 

Cheers Tony.
All three wheel studs had come apart, crystalline fracture indicates metal fatigue. I doubt they all went at once as the day before the car felt a little vague and I thought I better check the tyre pressures. But forgot. Perhaps I had been previously running around with one or two studs missing and that was the cause of the vague feeling, rather than me telling the two dogs they must have put on some weight!

Roly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
My steering felt a little strange on the Euro tour , I stopped and checked the tyre pressure, nothing. Drove off , still not happy gave the front wheels a good shaking, nothing. Rear near side , nothing. Off side nearly came off in my hands, the nuts had worked loose. Guys check your nuts.
Somebody mentioned that they expected to see a trike on this thread. I went to our local villiage show last weekend where there were a few interesting vehicles. A trike caught my eye as the engine was very Austin seven looking, it was a Reliant though. Very nicely built trike
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.