The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
spring beaulieu what do you think
Hi Tony, Pat and I will not be at spring  Beaulieu, this year, first time in many years, S&P Angry
Hi stuart,

Sorry to hear that, hope all is well.
And we can always catch up latter in the year.

This may be a good time to remind anyone attending, if you want to make pre-orders with myself. You only have until midday Wednesday to do so. 

I have other things I am busy with thursday, and set up is friday.

Especially if you want anything from our new parts, as I will NOT NOT have new spares on the stall this year.

If you want the rearer stuff, or best condition. Then Get to us early. 

I have to sort beaulieu out yet, as I only booked one pitch. And the paperwork came yesterday and I'm allocated two pitches. Need to make sure the don't cock up September and only give me one pitch for then?

At the momment our spring stall numbers are R086 and R087 same place as last year.

Tony.
Could Austin 7 friends create a South of England (Just out side the M25 south of J9) Show
Easy to get to and kind to traders ?
Could "we" regenerate and look forward to the future as has the forum done.......
If it was possible - how interested would everyone be?
Just asking
(12-05-2018, 03:52 PM)Jason Wrote: Could Austin 7 friends create a South of England (Just out side the M25 south of J9) Show
Easy to get to and kind to traders ?
Could "we" regenerate and look forward to the future as has the forum done.......
If it was possible - how interested would everyone be?
Just asking

I can only speak for myself Jason, but I only make it to one or two rallies each year, and those tend to be the long established ones where there's likely to be a good-sized autojumble. I'm not a big fan of parking in rows. The absurdity of holding a 'National' A7 rally on the South Coast has been self evident as long as I've been involved in A7's, but the idea of moving it has been floated and dumped on many times before. The clubs are nothing if not conservative. Then there's the fact that we pay the admission fee to Beaulieu year after year despite having seen the museum as many times as we could possibly want to. The best (most enjoyable) rallies I've been to over the years have been small, informal affairs accessed by small country roads and held in modest fields where we could camp (in tents, not RV's) & enjoy a barbeque and a band perhaps & a bit of 'car boot' autojumble - in other words staged for enthusiasts by enthusiasts, away from the interests of commercial concerns. This however only happens on a small and relatively local level. As for the M25, I avoid it like the plague...
hi jason, if only the world was an ideal one. but you always have the austin seven club event at black friers.

chris, i hear what you are saying, the national rally has been brought up many time. im on the fence with moving it though. i find its a bit stagnant were it is, but moving has killed many events in the past. if the decision was ever made, it would have to be well planned advertised and executed. (dangerous).

25 years ago i used to stand 20 to 30 events a year. i now stand 5. only three of them are profitable. one is borderline.

most of those 20 to 30 event are still going, but there is NO autojumble.

it shows if you dont use it, you loose it.

as for clubs, i find conservative is polite. there has always been plenty of valanteers to be cheifs. but not many to be indians, doing the organising etc.

everyone loved the warrick aniversary, and there was much talk amoungst us at the bottom. that it should be held more regulary. but the reply was its alot of hard work. (which i understand, and apreciate all those who made it word). and every 10 years is enough?

we could do with a second national rally? best place middle of the country? if both answers are YES. why did the midlands club rally oposit the austin works die?

use it or loose it.

tony
(13-05-2018, 10:29 AM)Tony Betts Wrote: it shows if you dont use it, you loose it.

as for clubs, i find conservative is polite. there has always been plenty of valanteers to be cheifs. but not many to be indians, doing the organising etc.

everyone loved the warrick aniversary, and there was much talk amoungst us at the bottom. that it should be held more regulary. but the reply was its alot of hard work. (which i understand, and apreciate all those who made it word). and every 10 years is enough?

we could do with a second national rally? best place middle of the country? if both answers are YES. why did the midlands club rally oposit the austin works die?

use it or loose it.

tony

Has anyone contacted The British Motor Museum to ask how they organise their 1 and 2 day shows? As an example, looking at the National Metro & Mini Show ( https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/eve...-mini-show ) it appears that the museum organises and runs the event and the car owners just need to pre-book. Camping is also available, even for a 1day event.
(14-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:
(13-05-2018, 10:29 AM)Tony Betts Wrote: it shows if you dont use it, you loose it.

use it or loose it.

tony

Has anyone contacted The British Motor Museum to ask how they organise their 1 and 2 day shows? As an example, looking at the National Metro & Mini Show ( https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/eve...-mini-show ) it appears that the museum organises and runs the event and the car owners just need to pre-book. Camping is also available, even for a 1 day event.

Although no one appears interested in my last post, I have contacted Tom Caren, Show Manager, 01926 643358  tom.caren@britishmotormuseum.co.uk and received the following reply:-

That is quite interesting and  we could easily organise a second National Rally here for the club and not at a great deal of cost. Dependent on the day, if I already have an show on then I can probably give a bit more of a discount to the car owners if they piggy back onto that show. It would be useful to speak to a couple of your organisers to see what they are after.

Copied from 1 day National Metro & Mini Show:-

Vehicle entry costs just £7 per vehicle and includes entry for the driver and one passenger. A maximum of two additional individual passes for passengers can be purchased for £8 each.

If anyone is interested in a rally please contact Tom Caren.
Hopping back briefly to original topic if I may, can anyone suggest optimal time to arrive at Spring Beaulieu on Sat morning? Do the gates open strictly at 10.30 or is there an 'early bird'? Are there massive queues? Thanks.
I'm hoping booking online and saving my 70 pence will get me in quicker!
I think its 10am ?
(17-05-2018, 04:36 PM)JonE Wrote: I'm hoping booking online and saving my 70 pence will get me in quicker!
I think its 10am ?

Yes, indeed you're right Jon.