The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bonnet weather strip
I just received some bonnet weatherstrip from one of the cherished suppliers. Well made and the correct size but the material is vinyl. Assuming the originals were rubber, does anyone have a source for the correct rubber weather stripping that uses staples to affix on the cowl and the scuttle?

Erich in Seattle.
Erich,
RM13-rubber extrusion from vintagecarparts.co.uk may be what you are looking for. 
David.
I presume this is what you mean Erich ....... this one's a rubber moulding.

https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/p...r-moulding
Seven Workshop also have the one which was original for 65/Nippy though its not listed - its slightly shorter and the cut aways for the overlpa are at right angles. Doesn't Chris Gould's book clarify what is used? i.e. WAS it definitely rubber?
Thank you all. I have confirmed with Vintage Car parts that their weatherstrip is rubber. Jon, Chris' book only gives the profile but doesn't specify material. I would assume that rubber would have been used originally as I don't think vinyl extrusion was a process used in 1930.