The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help identifying A7 seats please
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I have a few A7 items left over from the rebuild of our Ulster Rep and cannot readily identify. The car started life as a '36 lwb Ruby and I assumed that the pair of seats were from that same saloon, but as the inflatable cushions seem a little too long to sit in the bases, I'm beginning to wonder.

I took these last week. Can anyone shed any light on their parentage please?

.jpg   BRDSCF0975, 700pix.jpg (Size: 189.87 KB / Downloads: 290)

.jpg   BRDSCF0977, 700pix.jpg (Size: 183.91 KB / Downloads: 290)

.jpg   DSCF0976.jpg (Size: 157.12 KB / Downloads: 290)

Many thanks chaps.

Best,

Bill
They certainly look like Ruby seats, but they have obviously been recovered and the padding looks far too generous, which probably explains why the cushions don't fit.
Mike's beaten me to it!

The backs are vastly over-stuffed, probably three times thicker than they should be!
I would say they are definitely Ruby style seats.

For a comparison, here are mine that were reupholstered by Tracey at 7 County Austins. They are apparently exact replicas of the Ruby design.

All the best.

Matt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(14-08-2017, 04:36 PM)Matt_Harnden Wrote: I would say they are definitely Ruby style seats.

For a comparison, here are mine that were reupholstered by Tracey at 7 County Austins. They are apparently exact replicas of the Ruby design.

All the best.

Matt

Bill, your seats could be from any austin 7.

You can't go by the covers, as they are cheap pull overs. The original Ruby seats were fitted in four parts.

The seat hinges are the first give away. But the hinges can't be seen on yours.

The hinges on the seats we done for Matt are late Ruby. You can see the adjusters.
The hinges on the early Ruby are two straight bars. With adjustable notches cut out.
Pre Ruby have a seperate hinge, that rivets to the floor frame. With 3 rivets.
After that it gets a little trickier, you have to check the strengthening pattern in the seat back. 

Thanks for the advertising Matt, I noticed the work. Before you pointed out they were done by use.

Thanks Tony.
Thank you one and all. I will have to turn them upside down when I'm next in the UK and see what clues may be found.

As I've used one of Tony and Tracey's superb leather trim kits for the Ulster Rep, I'd like to pass the two originals on to someone who's car might benefit from them.

My next trip is early October, so I better get my chum Brian to take some more photos.

Bill