The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 Volt fuel tank sender unit
Can someone suggest a suitable 12 volt sender unit for a standard 6 hole sender unit ,will a MGB or Land Rover one do ? , the one I am looking at is Holden ,part number 070.233.
Nigel, from memory a Mini van sender unit is a direct replacement, you just need to bend the arm a bit.
Thanks Stuart aftera bit of searching I thing an early Midget/Sprite one might do also, I presume I would have to change to a 12 volt guage also . All this through running out this morning and leaving my phone at home !
Does anyone know where I could buy a new 6v sender unit for a late Opal/Ruby/Pearl?
(14-01-2018, 06:15 PM)Matt_Harnden Wrote: Does anyone know where I could buy a new 6v sender unit for a late Opal/Ruby/Pearl?

I may be wrong but I don't think such a thing as a new 6v unit is available anywhere. I would be happy to be proved wrong!

In the meantime I have a nice wooden stick with grooves cut into it.
(14-01-2018, 07:43 PM)Michael Wrote:
(14-01-2018, 06:15 PM)Matt_Harnden Wrote: Does anyone know where I could buy a new 6v sender unit for a late Opal/Ruby/Pearl?

I may be wrong but I don't think such a thing as a new 6v unit is available anywhere. I would be happy to be proved wrong!

Do you have a 6v one that needs repair?

Charles
(15-01-2018, 10:03 AM)Charles Levien Wrote:
(14-01-2018, 07:43 PM)Michael Wrote:

Do you have a 6v one that needs repair?

Charles

Yes but it is on the car so I don't know if the float has 'sunk' or whether the windings etc have had it. I had thought of trying to find another to rebuild and then swap them over however one hasn't fallen into my lap yet and it is not worth doing until something else brings motoring to a halt.
Dear Matt,
Sounds like you are well up to doing a repair yourself.

I had a problem with my sender recently and sent it off to Richard Jenkins C&V Instruments. He happened to come across a replacement for mine ( which was in a poor state) and supplied me with this at a very reasonable cost. I don't think they are easy to come by however so sorting yours may be the best option -- when the spirit moves!

Charles
I will be removing my 6 volt one towards the end of the week ,I dont know if it works or not or if its the guage ,but as I am now 12 volt on my Ruby I have bought a Midget fuel guage and 12 v sender . You are welcome to mine FOC , just cover the post and packing.
(15-01-2018, 03:22 PM)Charles Levien Wrote: Dear Matt,
Sounds like you are well up to doing a repair yourself.

I had a problem with my sender recently and sent it off to Richard Jenkins C&V Instruments. He happened to come across a replacement for mine ( which was in a poor state) and supplied me with this at a very reasonable cost. I don't think they are easy to come by however so sorting yours may be the best option -- when the spirit moves!

Charles

I fitted my replacement sender unit and optimistically put in a couple of gals of petrol hoping to see the gauge leap appropriately into life but of course it didn’t. I am confident the sender is good but now think I should get the gauge off to check that. Please advise — do I need to remove the panel to access back of gauge (fiddly job) or can it be removed otherwise. I rather think the former will be the answer but should like to hear from someone who has done this, preferably without too much blasphemy!