The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the engine builders out there.
My mistake, check the back of Woodrow Derek.
My question is what is the major cause of the front bearing lip failure. In use there should be little force on this lip as the clutch pushes forward.
Could it be heavy handed use of hammer and pipe to inset bearings. I use a much less pretty version of Ruairidh's press tool but it saves using the wooden handled spanner.
Adrian.
(15-08-2017, 09:26 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Ruairidh, are there any manufacturing drawings for these , please

As Ruairidh has already confirmed, the dimensioned drawing for the Front Bearing Replacement tool is on page A5-5 of Woodrow.

Jeff.
(16-08-2017, 01:28 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote:
(15-08-2017, 09:26 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Ruairidh, are there any manufacturing drawings for these , please

As Ruairidh has already confirmed, the dimensioned drawing for the Front Bearing Replacement tool is on page A5-5 of Woodrow.

Jeff.

I had this made up as per the Woodrow manual, worked well, although the thread could have done with being longer, but was not a problem!

The front bearing removal tool detailed in Woodrow makes the job straightforward, bearing pushed out a treat and there is very little risk of damage to the crankcase.

Gary