The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 'Putty' 1929 colour
Anyone got an image of a car painted in this colour please? 
Can't seem to find it in the catalogues although its referred to in Rinsey Mills as being a 1929 colour.
Don't know if you would call this putty?
1930 RK

Attached Files
.jpg   Dsc_0990[1].jpg (Size: 24.41 KB / Downloads: 232)
It was usually duo-toned with brown upper half on the saloon.
There are quite a few interpritations of this Jon - this one belongs to Malcolm Watts in Cornwall:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2638/4019...2f541b.jpg
Ruairidh's link looks pretty close to my memory of my RK saloon, which was in this duo-tone scheme; unfortunately I didn't discover the original paint (under the lime green distemper!) until I had already retrimmed the interior in green, so I didn't return it to original.
thanks all for wonderful cars identified.

I guess this is another 'Atlantic Green' scenario (still not solved) that will eventually be identified conclusively by the 1932 Belco colour charts coming out of a safe somewhere!

I wonder quite where Rinsey Mills had the information from, but interesting that factory dual/combos for saloons listed include both 'Brown and cream' (1930) and 'Light brown and Grey' (1928)...

'Putty' def listed as 1929 Tourer monotone... although I realise that you could have anything you liked, whenever you liked. I'm going to get some putty out to see what colour it is!
Mine above is the original paint with the top of the bonnet the dark brown as the top.Were the wings black ?
I believe the standard 'ex-stock' finish would have black wings, but since yours must have been a special order, it's possible the wings could have been in brown.