The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 Jarvis survivers.
I wonder if any Jarvis Austin Sevens still exist?  I am considering creating a LWB special, based on the picture in Rinsey Mills' Original Austin Seven book, as this is the only reference to Jarvis' car. Does anybody know of an original car or have knowledge of body construction, pictures or dimensions....?   T'would be a very interesting project  don't ya think !
Mike Smith
Could you share the picture Mike?
(09-01-2018, 03:00 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Could you share the picture Mike?

Chris, Have attempted to upload a very grey picture of Rinsey Mills's Jarvis advert. Not too good a picture I'm afraid. It should be in " Coachbuilt " listings. Thanks for your interest,
Mike
Nice little body, if perhaps a little short on luggage room!

I'm afraid I don't have a lot to contribute to your original question, Mike.
It did put me in mind of something though, I have for years now had a spare 4-piece A7 bonnet with louvred sides, emblazoned with the hand painted name "Jarvie". Always struck me as an odd name for a car - could it possibly have been a Jarvis? Bit of a long shot I know. I wonder if anyone remembers the car? It can't have been on the road since at least the 1980's.
(09-01-2018, 03:00 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Could you share the picture Mike?

Here it is:

.jpeg   696_09_01_18_2_43_27.jpeg (Size: 128.21 KB / Downloads: 307)

The same pic was published in Wyatt's book -I always thought it was the best-looking of the coachbuilt cars.
Many thanks Chris. we'll see if anyone has memories or photographs. It reminded me that in my cupboard I have a pair of Gordon England " Stadium" sidescreens should any Stadium owners be sitting in a draught.
Mike
(09-01-2018, 08:21 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: I always thought it was the best-looking of the coachbuilt cars.

really? Perhaps it's that angle, but it feels too high in the air.

Would be nice on a Sports chassis... very torpedo like.
I like it.

It look very narrow, perhaps a 1 1/2 seater with staggered seats.

If it is, with the body sides being that high, you will have to wheigh 6 stone to wear it Big Grin

Tony.
I agree that it is attractive Mike, and I certainly would like to see an Authentic recreation built. Personally I feel there are a number of equally attractive coach built cars, but thats the beauty of sevens isn't there are a lot of nice variations and something to suit most tastes.
Black Art Enthusiast
He'll have to go on a diet then .......