The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ARQ Ruby door catches.
Dear all, attached is a picture of the door "guides" of an early ARQ Ruby saloon.
Does anyone have any knowledge of what these consist of and whether or not these are available/repairable.
There is a metal tongue (not shown) which is screwed to the door with 4 screws, this tongue slides into the groove in the door post and the tongue then is held in the groove when the door is closed. 
I have not removed these at anytime and but they appear worn.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Denis Sweeney

.docx   Doc1.docx (Size: 279.05 KB / Downloads: 66)
Wille Mckenzie has some on Ebay at the moment, Austin Reproduction Parts
As Nigel has mentioned, you can buy these via eBay from Willie McKenzie's page - he sells under the eBay name of 'gourock1954' or you can buy direct from Willie's website - Austin Reproduction Parts Ltd. - link below.

http://www.austinrepro.com

Willie's Ruby door shut plates on eBay can be found here - these are new reproduction parts in stainless steel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-seve...SwDEtaOB8F
Thanks very much for the responses, unfortunately my description has not been clear, my apologies, I have the original plates you mention which were in good condition and have now been rechromed and look good.
The part in question is the piece held in place by the lower four small screws in the original picture and is located inside the door post.
I believe this part has metal pieces bonded into some rubber sections.
I have loosened the screws on the near side door post but whilst the part is loose it seems to be reluctant to want to leave its position.
Hope this helps,
Best regards
Denis S
Denis,

I can't open Docx attachments on this machine so apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick!

I have been putting off tackling this on my own car. The photo below was from ebay some months ago and should help you understand how it all goes together. The difficulty is getting the unit out as it is trapped between the door pillar and timber framework. I plan to machine away part of the frame to minimise damage to the metalwork (and paint!) then let a piece back in afterwards.

The part that fits to the door is through slotted holes so there is adjustment there too.

I don't think replacement buffers are available but it should be possible to fabricate something similar.

Let me know how you get on.

Posting Denis's photo for anyone unable to open his Docx attachment. Peter's eBay photo appears to show the Ruby door guides in question.

.png   Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 01.27.46.png (Size: 427.84 KB / Downloads: 119)
(08-01-2018, 11:00 PM)IPeter Naulls Wrote: Denis,

I can't open Docx attachments on this machine so apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick!

I have been putting off tackling this on my own car. The photo below was from ebay some months ago and should help you understand how it all goes together. The difficulty is getting the unit out as it is trapped between the door pillar and timber framework. I plan to machine away part of the frame to minimise damage to the metalwork (and paint!) then let a piece back in afterwards.

The part that fits to the door is through slotted holes so there is adjustment there too.

I don't think replacement buffers are available but it should be possible to fabricate something similar.

Let me know how you get on.

Peter that is it exactly, many thanks, not quite sure what I need to do to get the loose one out but at least I can see what is in there.
Thanks again