The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Super charged Austin seven
(11-08-2017, 11:03 PM)Timothy P Wrote: You see the head briefly, appears to be standard pre '37, with pear shaped water take off. Not enough else on show really. 
An interesting rumour, is it possible it was from Stuart Ulphs post at the bottom of THIS thread from the old forum. (Reffering to Graham Harris' Flickr Link). Seems highly implausible to me, the green car is always stated as being '35 or '36, and would have thought if anyone had an idea that parts were from the Campbell car it would have been rebuilt a a replica of that. That said strange things do happen. David Howe states in that thread, that the Campbell car was being hill climbed in the USA into the mid 40's, but nothing know after. Has anyone ever attempted a replica of it? Maybe since the success of the Bruce McLaren special, you and Jos could give it a go.  Big Grin

Interesting proposition Timothy, Joss has always had a hankering to build a replica of the Campbell car, if anyone wants to donate a suitable supercharged engine to the cause maybe we can give it a go.  Angel
Black Art Enthusiast
[attachment=133]

Sorry the pic is upside down.
This car was shown on a US motor cycle programme " what's in the barn. Is it a known car?.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Sorry, have just seen a previous post about this
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Derek

I know this car....... built a few years ago by a buddy. Sorry to say he's now gone. He did wonderful work and never claimed any of his "creations" we're REAL   
Guys this was build by a buddy bow dead sad to say

He NEVER claimed any of his creations we're REAL. AND Was a true craftsman

Here's photo of the rear.

Attached Files
.jpg   austin racer 2.jpg (Size: 45.7 KB / Downloads: 219)
(14-08-2017, 03:19 PM)BLUTO Wrote: Guys this was build by a buddy bow dead sad to say

He NEVER claimed any of his creations we're REAL. AND Was a true craftsman

Here's photo of the rear.

Thanks for confirming that, an unsolicited rumour then.
I'd love to see it in action (Preferably at speed on a banked track), and hope that the guys at 'wheels through time' will exercise it.

From Austin Harris' site Yellow Canary at Brooklands May, 1931, with radiator under the bonnet (rather in a separate pod to the (Closed?) engine bay). Still not really as per the Green car, but a pretty car regardless.

.jpg   Yellow Canary Austin Harris.jpg (Size: 112.71 KB / Downloads: 215)

...And one of the front from Austin memories

.jpg   Yellow Canary.jpg (Size: 37.59 KB / Downloads: 215)

...And a cigarette card

T-

It has a basic stock motor in it. But would be a nice base for further development
Some inside info from friend Bluto. Some of you know that bluto knows his stuff about old cars, he says that his old friend Bob Green built this car from scratch himself, never claiming it as original as the pr sent owner is.
(14-08-2017, 06:08 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Some inside info from friend Bluto. Some of you know that bluto knows his stuff about old cars, he says that his old friend Bob Green built this car from scratch himself, never claiming it as original as the pr sent owner is.

Is there more on the programme than in the clip I found, I never heard them claim any originality?
Evidently