The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family car - my father’s first Seven...
(02-01-2018, 01:46 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Austin 12/20 sidelights up on the scuttle.

54 years later and a further 350000 miles down the road the car is still in use.

Ruairidh, That really is a great story of the car over the decades.

I wonder how many people of the "rivet counter" persuasion have remarked over the years
that your scuttle mounted side lights are"wrong" It would be a great shame if at any time in the future such parts of the car's real history were removed in the cause of "originality"

When I had my '32 special at the Beaulieu rally a few years ago, I was informed by someone that several components were "wrong" on my car -I replied "that's what makes it a special" but I've only owned the car since 1971, so I probably couldn't have played the history card.
How can anyone claim a special is 'wrong'?  Rolleyes Even an 'historic' special will have changed over the years ...
(13-03-2018, 08:05 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: we know have our RK back from scotland, its looking stunning in black and nickle. nothing like the red body and boxs of bits that went up there.

tony

Are you going to start an RK thread? - before and after pictures needed!