The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Supercharged Austin seven engine advice
Interesting discussion........

Austin in the shed, I will come back to you regarding drive bits soon.....

Still not sure exactly of the plan for the engine yet!
I know I'm thumping an old topic but Zeto could  you please post some detailed pics of how you have mounted fitted  that aisin blower/supercharger  to your engine as silly me has just ordered one from China....could do with a template for the mountings as well..... Grtz from 'Olland..MD
Hi, see page 5 of this thread for photos which will give you some ideas.I haven’t done it yet as currently putting an SC on a Fiat TC.
Blower from China? These are made in japan and come up on ebay from time to time
Thanks Zeto I had seen those pics but the SC that's on its way is a smaller Roots type SC that can blow both clockwise or anti-clockwise depending on the direction of the pulley drive...; just pick the right side for 'in-and-out' .  I was first and foremost interested in the ways to fabricage mounting brackets to get the pulleys to line up plus fitting carb and tubing to the inlet manifold.. but methinks I'm going to enlist for a brazing and welding course  when Corona-times are over... I'm no plumber
Questions to those in the know and who are boring themselves now that we are in lockdown:
As I'm working my way towards collecting bits and pieces to assemble a SuperCharger kit to fit in due time..
Do we stick to a 1-1/8 SU or do we need a larger or smaller one?
What needle and spring (I've got a No. 5 needle and green spring at present) .....
Has anyone ever considered / fitted an AMAL carb to an SC on an A7 and if so what type and what needle?
Do we fit the pop-off valve (I've got a Shorrock type pop-of valve) closest to the SC (as I've read elsewhere) or near the inlet manifold?
(The SC is an AISIN 500 by the way).

Any literature recommended / available any where ? I've been googling for books but haven't found anything useful on pre-war supercharging of small engines.

Thanks !
MD
Photo 
You could look up my thread ( Bantam Turbo ) ..  Engine started as '37  3  main English Austin  . COST  was not a concern , it would be restrictive to have a budget for this project , you spend until your done .  I will say that without all the help from others , (6 )  , engine guru in England , engine machinist , machinist , metal fabricator , tuning guru  (electronics) , endless curiosity , determination ,  it would never happen .  More available if you want ..   STEVE       I am currently working on '37 Opal roadster with smallest turbo and a  suckthru  1  1/4  SU
<p><br></p>