The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter project
(04-01-2018, 10:38 AM)daglocks Wrote: Tony, couldn't you bundle together parts of a similar age, with a chassis and block, and sell to special builders.
Highly skilled and intelligent chimpanzees like me could give them a new life!

sounds reasonable.

the only floor is when it comes to selling.

i charge according to condition.

obviously a chassis has a value, if i put axles to it. then they need to be the ones you want to get rid of in poorer condition. same as making up an engine to go on it. it needs to be a plus 60 block, a crankcase needing work etc.

if im my usual honest self i tell people what i am selling them. (obviously nobody wants it then). or i change my ways and lie about condition. (then i have unhappy customers) or even loose the good ones.

i have a 40ft container i rent, its never cheap. and they have just put the price up another £100 a year. making it £1,800 so i am clearing it and getting rid over the next 3 months. alot of the good stuff can go on my website, or on ebay.

the rest?. i took 30 crankcasses out yesterday, 3 were good enough, not the best to be put on ebay. they may fetch £20 each if im lucky. probably worth alot more.

the rest are in the aluminium trailor i have going to the scrapman. scrap value is around £5 each, and i dont have to spend all day parcelling them up.

gearboxes tomorrow, ill sort a pic?
Woohoo,

Builders turned up today.

Doesn't look like much, but what needed to be stripped out was.

And hopefully it all starts being built up again.

[attachment=1800]

Amongst other things I'll go over to Lincoln to pick up some more old Norfolk (Lincolnshire) pan tiles.

I restored the shed myself 20 years ago, along with the barn next to it. I'm no builder. And hadn't allowed for the lower angle on the roof, to what the barn is. so the tiles need more overlap. To stop the wind blowing the rain back up the tiles.

Tony.
(01-01-2018, 09:32 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 11:13 AM)JonE Wrote: surely someone must want an Austin-themed rockery with all those blocks? You coud have Seven-style plants in it - Ruby Chard, clipped Box and CatNip(py).

... and you can add CUPflower and SWALLOWwort.

... and ARROWroot, too!

We have an unserviceable crankcase, and Pat my wife put four small pots in the in the crankcase, and grows rockery plants, it is on our patio and looks nice. We also have a long halfshaft with cable ties attached holding up a rose tree. This how you can recycle Austin parts. S&P.
My parents’ first cat, Philby, is buried inside a crankcase, along with a bottle of Guinness, in their back garden.

The opportunities for enterprise are limitless.
(04-01-2018, 11:26 AM)Tony Betts Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 10:38 AM)daglocks Wrote: Tony, couldn't you bundle together parts of a similar age, with a chassis and block, and sell to special builders.

sounds reasonable.

obviously a chassis has a value, if i put axles to it. then they need to be the ones you want to get rid of in poorer condition. same as making up an engine to go on it. it needs to be a plus 60 block, a crankcase needing work etc.

if im my usual honest self i tell people what i am selling them. (obviously nobody wants it then). or i change my ways and lie about condition. (then i have unhappy customers) or even loose the good ones.

i have a 40ft container i rent, its never cheap. and they have just put the price up another £100 a year. making it £1,800 so i am clearing it and getting rid over the next 3 months. alot of the good stuff can go on my website, or on ebay.

the rest?. i took 30 crankcasses out yesterday, 3 were good enough, not the best to be put on ebay. they may fetch £20 each if im lucky. probably worth alot more.

the rest are in the aluminium trailor i have going to the scrapman. scrap value is around £5 each, and i dont have to spend all day parcelling them up.

We like the "honest" Tony.  Do you have a crankcase in the number range 826.. to 836..please.
Rgds Gene
(04-01-2018, 11:26 AM)Tony Betts Wrote:

sounds reasonable.

Hi Tony

I would be interested in a chassis and running gear to build a special, I am just doing some research and reading the books now. sent you a PM, not sure if you it?

kr
Phil.
[attachment=1822]

Well things are progressing.

Picked up some more vicki bricks today, to fill in the window.

As long as there isn't a frost this weekend, it should be the roof monday.

Tony.
That 1923 head looks like a nice job for Metalock, I've had bad experiences of welding/brazing cast iron parts and good experiences of Metalock repairs, the largest I've had done were three turbocharger exhaust entry castings nearly as big as a Seven.
[attachment=1838]

Yesterday got use bit further, roof going up.

Got a bit dark for a picture, took this one today.

Tony.
(09-01-2018, 03:11 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Yesterday got use bit further, roof going up.

Got a bit dark for a picture, took this one today.

Tony.

Tony it's probably a bit too late but I feel that a few sheets of translucent corrugated fibreglass over the roof battens would let a lot of light in, be less weighty, more waterproof and be cheaper when you consider the labour.     regards  Russell