The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter drive...
I think the top hats are the cosiest Sevens. A lot of heat comes up around the gearbox and they are pretty draught proof too.
My car has a thermostat in the top hose which means the engine gets up to temperature well. I guess ordinary thermo-syphon overcools in this weather. I was out in mine on Monday in heavy frost and was comfortable.
I had a 1934 4 seat tourer with a hood from a morris 8 that didn't fit. Drove from Dundee to Cambridge on the coldest night of the year in December 1967. I wore as much clothing I could get into and was still cold.
Jim
The SWB cars are much cosier than the LWB in my experience Jim.
That's a spectacular route at any time of year Ruairidh. Quite an achievement. I came close to being stranded in snow at the Lecht one new year's eve (in a modern) so I appreciate how wild and remote it is.

Do you know the cause of the puncture? I've had 2 new tubes fail this year with corrosion between the valve stem and the rubber. The ones they replaced had been on since the 1950s and had patches on top of patches (11 on one tube I think). Perhaps I should have kept them!

Peter.
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it Peter!

When I arrived at Johny’s he said I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat! You know where we are, drop in, any time.

I have yet to remove the tube but will report on what I find.
This was on facebook this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00CWU0ZHm8&app=desktop
Jim
Cool!

I suspect that the speedo in the tourer shots towards the end is in kph though!
I have a slightly different copy of that film.

I drove my father’s Chummy to the foot of the glacier shown, in 1996 - it is spectacular scenery. I took my own Chummy back and drove to Lofoton in 2004 (I think).

I understand that it is no longer possible to get a direct Ferry from Britain to Norway any more.
(31-12-2017, 11:55 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have a slightly different copy of that film.

I drove my father’s Chummy to the foot of the glacier shown, in 1996 - it is spectacular scenery.  I took my own Chummy back and drove to Lofoton in 2004 (I think).

I understand that it is no longer possible to get a direct Ferry from Britain to Norway any more.

As far as I can ascertain it is no longer possible for us to get a ferry to anywhere in Scandinavia from the UK which seems a great pity to me.I would be grateful for any information to the contrary.
Wonderful !
Great to see Austin 7s used and not cocooned in warm garages !
In Brittany in the wind and rain c'est la vie.
Happy New Year to everyone.

I love being a junior member!

A trip in the summertime in Poppy my 1934 PD Tourer in Brittany.