The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winter drive...
A friend asked me to do some work on his engine and also if I would remove it for him.

It was -9c when I left to fuel in Grantown on Spey this morning.

From here I headed up towards Bridge of Brown...

And then on to Tomintoul, there was no sign of Nick Salmon’s lady friend and her shovel however...

Finally I ascended the Lecht...

From here it was a swift journey onto my friend’s and after a coffee I pulled the engine out and bundled it into the back of the car.

Another coffee and some pheasant soup meant I was warmed for the return journey.  A few miles along the road I suffered a puncture however, stalled for a few minutes it was quickly changed and I headed back up from Cock Bridge to summit the Lecht for the second time today...

The wind must have been behind me from that point as I was able to get the whole way back up Bridge of Brown in second gear, with a bit of wheel spin on the last hairpin.  Car safely back and the jet wash hose is currently in a warm bath to defrost.

The oil pressure would not go below 6lbs which I put down to the cold - car drove really well and I felt considerably safer in the Seven than my modern which slides in such conditions.
Your wonderfully mad, well done
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Looks like a morning well spent Ruairidh - well done!
i presume you also managed to partially strip the friend's engine en route, perhaps on the longer straights?
Your wonderfully mad, well done
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Excellent stuff Ruairidh

Tomintoul looks well swept. Mrs McKay will have been hard at work hours before you got there ;-)
True Sevenmanship. What a trip. Well done Ruairidh.
Great drive, very envious.
I was tempted to take my fabric saloon out today for a drive in the snow. They handle it so well. However the roads were slushy and so many people haven't a clue about driving on snow.
Jim
Well done Ruairidh, you really ought to do a Dvd of your 'small' journeys in ideal weather for us who are'nt so brave.
Happy New 7 Year
excellent.

id be very envious if it didnt look so cold.

its very worm in front of the fire.

tony