The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Austin Seven by Anita Jackson
Good evening all. This is my first foray onto the new site and very good it looks.
As well as being an Austin Seven enthusiast I am a bibliophile with what I thought was a copy of most A7 books. However I have recently seen 'The Austin Seven' by Anita Jackson priced at £431.47p on an online auction site. I have never seen this book before, does anyone know anything about it?
Regards from Staffordshire, the creative county.
Stuart
It's an opportunist waiting for a victim Stuart. I have a copy and I doubt I paid more than 20 quid. I am away on the west coast of Ireland at the moment in the top hat, and can't look it up. I think it's large print. cheers Russell
(11-08-2017, 07:36 PM)squeak Wrote: It's an opportunist waiting for a victim Stuart. I have a copy and I doubt I paid more than 20 quid. I am away on the west coast of Ireland at the moment in the top hat, and can't look it up. I think it's large print.  cheers  Russell

Available at rather less money here:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Searc..._-1-_-used

Steve
£7.49 New? from Waterstones.

A bit of description, copied from another site
"This is one of several classic Spiral tales all based on a spooky theme.
It is for young people who struggle with reading to try to draw them in. The theme in not patronising and should appeal to most young people.
This particular tale is about a man, Edward, who sees an Austin Seven advertised and decides to buy it, against his wife's wishes. 
He buys it from man, also called Edward, in a wheelchair. As weeks go by he begins to notice strange things about the car"
(11-08-2017, 07:13 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote: Good evening all. This is my first foray onto the new site and very good it looks.
As well as being an Austin Seven enthusiast I am a bibliophile with what I thought was a copy of most A7 books. However I have recently seen 'The Austin Seven' by Anita Jackson priced at £431.47p on an online auction site. I have never seen this book before, does anyone know anything about it?
Regards from Staffordshire, the creative county.
Stuart

It's a 28 page large print short story. I think it's basically about a haunted Austin Seven. PM me your postal address if you would like it F.O.C

Regards, John
I have a copy of this Stuart - purely for the title. Cost similar to above.

How is Ireland Squeak?
(11-08-2017, 09:20 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: How is Ireland Squeak?

Sounds like Ireland needs lubricating ... Angel
Guinness is the only resolve Mike!!
Good morning all. Many thanks for the prompt replies, perhaps my £471.00p could be better spent on something  else.
Not a book to buy for its technical nor historic value then.
Regards from Staffordshire the creative county.
Stuart
(12-08-2017, 09:49 AM)Stuart Joseph Wrote: Good morning all. Many thanks for the prompt replies, perhaps my £471.00p could be better spent on something  else.
Not a book to buy for its technical nor historic value then.
Regards from Staffordshire the creative county.
Stuart

Unless it's a very rare first edition published in 1920...