The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production Data
With the exception of the A7CA chassis register, can anyone advise if these is a list available of the original car numbers, chassis numbers and engine numbers for A7 vehicles that left the Austin production line?
I don't know if the British Motor Museum archive make the list available but you can buy records of individual cars:-

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/arc...rtificates
(11-08-2017, 04:41 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: I don't know if the British Motor Museum archive make the list available but you can buy records of individual cars:-

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/arc...rtificates

Copied from a thread in the old forum HERE, they have surviving records from only a few production runs.

Sandy stated these as...

March –..June ‘29 - A8 series - c 77,535 – 87,433 
June –....Dec. ‘29 -- A9 series - 87,434 – 97,332 
April –....Oct. ‘30 - B1 series - 107,228 – 117,126 
Jan. –....June ‘31 - B3 series - 127,026 – 136,924

And information that you would get on a heritage certificate is as follows. Quoted from a post by Ruairidh.
  • Make and Model
  • Car and Chassis number
  • Engine number
  • Body number (if recorded)
  • Specification
  • Colour a. exterior b. trim c. hood (if applicable)
  • Date of build
  • Date of despatch (if recorded)
  • Destination (dealer)
  • Other numbers (car)
  • Other info. (where number was issued etc.)
  • Issued to (this will be you)
  • Date of issue (of certificate)
  • Signature of Archivist
Though some people have noted that in their cases some information has been missing.

If you have a general interest in looking at their archive material, they have a room for people to browse material. This is by appointment only, specifying the material you wish to look at in advance so they can have it ready for you. I believe they have photocopying facilities at cost, but do not know what the conditions of copying are.