Austin Ulster 1930 For Sale
[Image: 9536230.jpg]
[Image: 9536231.jpg]
[Image: 9536233.jpg]
[Image: 9536235.jpg]
[Image: 9536237.jpg]
[Image: 9536239.jpg]

[/url]Share[url=http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C941446#]1

A lovely example of a relatively original Ulster. 
First registered in 1930
5 owners
Bought for VSCC trialling but family commitments means we will need to postpone challenge
Many new parts, inc fuel tank
Serviced at Brewster Mudie in October
Gearbox (4 speed). 
Renovated over the past 15 years by previous fanatical owner 
Bodywork and panels very solid. 
Much loved example
Needs some mechanical tinkering to make perfect
Very regretful sale of very pretty Ulster 
Oxfordshire
£19,500 

EDIT

I am not selling the car no idea who's the owner and never seen the car
The purpose of my post is photo number 4 and the description "A lovely example of a relatively original Ulster"
Huh is it really an Original Ulster? i
Hopefully it will help a buyer to ask questions about the originality of the car and see this thread so he can make up his mind.
"A lovely example of a relatively original Ulster" -  well. it is a very pretty car, but original? Not according to the A7CA Chassis Register.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Can ask what the purpose of your post is Edgar?

Are you selling the car?
I think it's a relatively original Austin 7. Not an original Ulster.

And a quick Google search on the reg gives a bit more info:

VX 7796 V5C Compound Curvatures Short-Wheelbase Alloy Body Finished in Speedwell Blue dark blue upholstery. Dark blue tonneau and nice aero-screens. Modified un-supercharges engine, with oil filter 11/4 SU Carb/alloy manifold and Facet fuel pump. Four-speed gearbox. Hydraulic Brakes Lowered front axle.
I look at that this morning and thought it looked a bit distorted in its proportions if original! Tyres?

So an 'original Austin 7', Austin? That presumably means an Austin 7 put together with a completely novel selection of Austin 7 parts?

How about an original Ulster replica? Or would that constitute the first replica bodies only?
Looks as if it still has the Dorset A7 Club sticker on the Aero Screen.
(06-12-2017, 01:41 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Can ask what the purpose of your post is Edgar?

Are you selling the car?

Hi Ruairidh.
I am not selling the car no idea who's the owner and never seen the car
The purpose of my post is  photo number 4  and the description "A lovely example of a relatively original Ulster"
Huh  is it really an Original Ulster?  i
Hopefully it will help a buyer to ask questions about the originality of the car and  see this thread so he can make up his mind.
bug ger beat me to it, "relatively".

Goes very well with thought to be etc etc.

Looks a nice start to being a good replica.

But struggling to see what makes it original, amongst the 17 inch wheels, box steering wheel, lack of dials. Wrong headlamps. So on so on.

Could be pricey if you wany to but all those parts right.

I'm guessing the seller, selling the car as a relatively original Ulster. Has made a small slip. With all the wrong bits on the car. actually ment, relatively original Ulster REP. .???

Tony
This or the £20K, 10,000 mile Irish Ruby? Goodness me, these decisions are so hard to make...

Frankly I'd rather have that £1600 A7 tractor that was for sale until yesterday. Blinkin' sight more sensible purchase in my humble opinion.
(06-12-2017, 06:29 PM)Nick Salmon Wrote: This or the £20K, 10,000 mile Irish Ruby? Goodness me, these decisions are so hard to make...

Frankly I'd rather have that £1600 A7 tractor that was for sale until yesterday. Blinkin' sight more sensible purchase in my humble opinion.

You forgot to mention the A7 skier cars