The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modifications!

Getting to know my new project! I now have unearthed it's real chassis number:149497 & body no: AG1357 and confirmed the block is M163594 with the sporty(!) head. manifold & carb.
What does the assembled wisdom (!) think of some of these

1. The front axle is braced (with a triangulating tube) from the radius arm. (boy racer?)
2. What about this modification to the rear spring !
3. Can someone tell me what period the diff case is from? The car has a 4 speed box & is fitted with 17" wheels, One has this strange cap (just bashed on perhaps?) all the others have  "shiny"  centres, no motifs.
4. The forward sidescreens have Lift a dot fasteners (!) but nothing to attach it to the "hook" on the screen pillar, although there is a slide rail that looks as if it should take something. Nice original rivets on the sidescreen! 
Some photos attached although as I haven't qiuite come to grips with the technology, they may be in odd places, sorry!
Hope it makes sense

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1, Probably trying to fix the castor angle, but a bit agricultural in my eyes!
2, Nobby spring assisters, they work.
3, 31ish the best of the SWB axle's, reasonable pinion support and you can fit easily fit later ratios into these.
4, Side screen strap with lift the dot is as expected, the stud must be simply missing, or I am misunderstanding the question?

The wheel centre is just a late Ruby one.
Black Art Enthusiast
(04-12-2017, 08:03 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: 1, Probably trying to fix the castor angle, but a bit agricultural in my eyes!
2, Nobby spring assisters, they work.
3, 31ish the best of the SWB axle's, reasonable pinion support and you can fit easily fit later ratios into these.
4, Side screen strap with lift the dot is as expected, the stud must be simply missing, or I am misunderstanding the question?

The wheel centre is just a late Ruby one.
Thanks Ian.
1. My view also, I will leave well alone for the moment (I have to stop the steering box wobbling about....it seems to be mixed up with the brake master cylinder....!
2. Thanks, nor mattress springs then! Looks as if I will have to do a little remedial work on the floor there!
3. Good news
4. The mating studs are on the doors, the remark was following up the comments on another thread all about when Lit A Dot/Lift the Dot came into use. The car also has round press studs that have rather fancy milled flanges.
5. So I have 4 earlier and one later17" wheels!
David
4. Your fancy press studs sound like they are Tenax Fasteners.
(04-12-2017, 10:04 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: 4. Your fancy press studs sound like they are Tenax Fasteners.

Next time I take photos I will put one out for the world to see, not the pull out pin type, just a simple circular stud.
D