The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil Pump Vanes
Dave Dye has a couple of my oil pumps for over-boring and renovation. He's also got pretty much all of the vanes I have that aren't inside engines and they're not too good as is often the case. However, the best two have caused us both to be a bit puzzled in that one is 10 thou too long, the other 8 thou meaning that when a pump is assembled using these vanes the base doesn't fit flush with the pump body. In all other dimensions, both are exactly as they should be. Neither of us has ever seen over length vanes before. Any ideas as to why they should be over long?

New vanes don't appear to be available. If anybody's got a couple of good sets spare, I'd be grateful to buy them.

Steve
I have never seen over length Vanes Steve, I can only think that they were pattern replacements with a manufacturing error. However if they are otherwise good would Dave not have the facilities to grind then back to the correct length....just a thought?
Black Art Enthusiast
(10-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: I have never seen over length Vanes Steve, I can only think that they were pattern replacements with a manufacturing error. However if they are otherwise good would Dave not have the facilities to grind then back to the correct length....just a thought?

Thanks Ian and yes, in normal circumstances Dave would have the kit to grind them to length but he and that kit are a few hundred miles apart (and that includes some sea) and it's not available. We're more puzzled by the excessive length and we can't see why they should be so as it makes them useless. Perhaps they're from a different type of car?

Steve