The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomb Disposal - AME 534
Just thought I'd post this -
I was a Brooklands the other weekend and was lucky enough to shake hands with this chap  with his Bomb Disposal vehicle -  
He had driven it all the way up from Dorset and late evening well into dark, he was driving all the way home again.
Do we know him?
Jason
Do we know of other fantastic military A7's like this ?

Attached Files
.jpg   Home guard.jpg (Size: 156.71 KB / Downloads: 566)
Another picture. Some of you will know the old geezer next to it.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(03-12-2017, 01:28 PM)Jason Wrote: Just thought I'd post this -
I was a Brooklands the other weekend and was lucky enough to shake hands with this chap  with his Bomb Disposal vehicle -  
He had driven it all the way up from Dorset and late evening well into dark, he was driving all the way home again.
Do we know him?
Jason
Do we know of other fantastic military A7's like this ?

Dale Johnson.

An article about him and the van:-

http://www.dorsetmagazine.co.uk/people/d...-1-4460622
Are there two versions of this "van" because in the magazine article there are some differences between the two photos - spare wheel on n/s door in one, different front scuttle/windscreen aperture in the other. I guess one is later than the other as the winged austin rad cap seems to have been replaced by the top off a Spratts petrol can. Perhaps some light fingered wag has struck at a show somewhere. Doesn't look like an RP scuttle, so is it 1933? Anyway, no more complaints or my name might go on ze liszt.
Brian Morgan - the author of the new book " Immortal Austin Seven" is the military Seven guru.

Chris
Good evening all. There seems to be a number of A7s with the reg no AME. My 1933 RP was (is) AME 98 and another RP with an AME reg no parked alongside us at one of the Brighton events a few years ago.
I was told that our car was supplied by 'Greenhouse' of Shrewsbury as were others but I would welcome comment from those more knowledgeable about reg marks and the issuing authority.
Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire
Stuart
David, Chris ... David Morgan  Angel
AME was issued  By Middlesex from March 1933 to March 1934
As said before Dale Johnson a long time member of DoA7C, I think he has the "van"is for sale ,its in good condition as Gary Munn and Glyn Liewelyn maintain it . Dale also helps at Bovington Tank Museum and drives the van there when helping.
I photographed the van at Goodwood a few years ago and also the description sheet displayed with it: