The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What’s the prettiest?
Staggered seats AND a fin! Ace.
...that exhaust follows the body curve very nicely,what a corker?
(09-12-2017, 12:28 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Brilliant!

Can I share these on the GE Archive please Roger?

Of course you can!
Thank you.
(08-12-2017, 11:41 PM)tom abernethy Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 07:26 PM)Rogerfrench Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Roger, I have only ever seen one photo of the car you mention, if I recall it still retained much of the Brookland's body but had a revised scuttle, do you have any picture's of the car you would be willing to share here?

Several in fact. The first two are of the car as he bought it in 1936, then two subsequent evolutions. Take no notice of the registration plates, in those far-off days of impecuniousness they were more like flags of convenience. If you had 2 or more green Austins, why bother to tax all simultaneously?You couldn't drive them all at once.
My father left notebooks and photos. I have thought of putting together an illustrated article, Jack French and his Austins, maybe, as an exhibit in his reconstructed garage. These photos might be part. What do you all think?

So good to see photos which have not been seen before Roger -excellent!  Somewhere I have an outline of a Brooklands manifold which Jack drew around the original item. From memory we left him at about two in the morning to drive back to Scotland. An illustrated article  would be good.
Good to see all three reg numbers are on the DVLA website, and registered to Austins.
Wonder who owns them now and in what form.I know EDD is Simplicity, but what are the others now?
+1 agreement to article idea.

If it was online too, it would promote the physical reconstructed garage too...
CCE 495 was scrapped years ago after a collision in Cornwall. RF1505 was badly damaged in a crash at Silverstone and never rebuilt. The much-modified chassis frame was rusting to pieces last time I saw a photo.
(10-12-2017, 01:31 PM)Rogerfrench Wrote: CCE 495 was scrapped years ago after a collision in Cornwall. RF1505 was badly damaged in a crash at Silverstone and never rebuilt. The much-modified chassis frame was rusting to pieces last time I saw a photo.

Roger, these numbers are on the DVLA website, so someone must have them or at least the document.